Episode 5 - Misunderstandings

Start from the beginning

Diana cursed loudly which caught Archie's attention. He stopped boxing and looked at her worriedly.

"What's wrong?"

"Penelope Blossom knows about Nate."

"Oh Shit."

---------- TIMESKIP (THE NEXT DAY || RIVERDALE HIGH) ----------

Betty, Jughead, Diana and Kevin were in the Blue and Gold newsroom, trying to assemble a copy of Sheriff Keller's murder board.

"This is how my dad had his Jason Blossom murder board before it was trashed." Kevin told them as they all stared at it except for Diana who seemed distracted.

"Any leads on who did that? Or what they were looking for?" Jughead asked him.

"Nope. No fingerprints. But they stole a bunch of files, background checks, and all the video and audiotapes of police interviews." Kevin answered

Just then, the door opened and Trev popped in.

"Hey, Betty." He greeted.

"Trev, hi!" Betty greeted back cheerfully.

"Sorry to interrupt..."

"Oh, no... Uh, it's okay. We're just, uh, working on..." Betty struggled to explain.

"Our murder board." Jughead supplied a bit of sass.

"Well, I just wanted to make sure we're still on for tomorrow?" Trev asked.

"Absolutely, it's a date. I mean, I'll see you there. Bye." Betty finished awkwardly.

"So, I'll see you. Bye." Trev said, walking towards the door.

"So... Bye." Everyone, even Diana, was looking at Betty now.

"Going on a date with Trev?" Diana teasingly asked.

"Does Mama Cooper know about that?" Kevin continued.

"Kev, I'm not on house arrest. Okay, she's out of town at a Women in Journalism spa retreat." Betty admitted.

"Anyway. It's not a "date" date." She continued.

"You just called it a date. You literally said, "It's a date."" Jughead said, a little jealousy showing.

"Awee, is Juggy jealous?" Diana teased.

"No. Shut up, Diana." Jughead retorted which made Diana pout.

"That's just my cover. Really, it's an intelligence gathering mission. We should focus on the one thing we have access to that your dad doesn't. The kids at Riverdale High. You know, maybe Trev knows something about Jason he didn't think was important." Betty pointed out.

---------- TIMESKIP (LATER THAT DAY || SCHOOL BLEACHERS) ----------

Veronica, Daniel, Betty, Jughead, and Kevin were headed towards Archie and Diana in the bleachers.

"Betty, you're positively radiating Nicholas Sparks. Tell me everything about this Trev." Veronica asked as they reached the duo and found places to sit in.

"Oh, there's nothing to tell. Just one of Betty's sources, there's nothing romantic in the offing." Kevin sarcastically said.

"Why is everything weird here? Why can't a date just be a date?" Veronica wondered as she sat between Daniel's legs which were on either side of the bleacher and leaned against him and fed him some of her fries.

"Because it's a small town, Ronnie and who you're dating is important because there's kind of a big chance that you'll end up together in the future, I guess?" Diana answered as she sat on the row above Archie and leaned over to start massaging his shoulders.