Blossoms

If days turn into weeks, and weeks turn into months, don't ruin this special day.

Koemi's P.O.V.

Karasuno High's volleyball team is quite extraordinary. We have powerful spikers, setters, and a terrific libero. Usually I'm allowed in to watch them practice, being a friend of the captain, but today was a little different.

"Sorry, Koemi, not today." Cap'n shakes his head.

"What? Why?" I demand, brows furrowed, eyes darting into ____'s.

I hear footsteps from inside getting closer. The door of the gym is opened, revealing the face of Kageyama, their second setter.

"Koemi. I need to speak with you."

My cheeks boil, turning red. I'm sure by now I look like a cherry. It's not that I'm too afraid of Kageyama, and it's not that I have a crush on him. He's just so very intimidating and quite king-like, hence his old nickname "King of the Court."

___ looks at him odly, but re-enters the gym calling out things I didn't understand to his teammates.

"Oh, Kageyama, what do I owe the pleasure?" I ask in my formally manner.

He walks closer, no expression plastered on his face, but his icy blue eyes spiking my spine. Before I know it, he stands tall just about three feet away from me.

"I heard about your track tournament yesterday. I meant to go, but practice ran a little late, and I had homework to catch up on. I heard you won first place, congrats." he says sincerely.

"Thank you, Kageyama! I didn't expect you to congratulate me on track." My cheeks fall back to their usual color, and I notice the tree we stand under is moving in the wind. Though the sun is hot, wind weeps over us, cooling us. It moves the branches, and blossom petals fall on us from the leaves in the tree. It gets in my hair, but I find it quite pleasant. Kageyama seems not to notice.

"If you don't mind, I'd like to see your next game." he says, a bit awkwardly. He never really gives compliments, nor has a conversation with someone about their next game.

"Of course I don't mind! I'll be glad to see you there." I say. I hear him mumble something about high maturity for a teenager and sweet--but I kind pinpoint exactly what he's saying to himself--as he walks back into the gym.

Odd. I think. Just odd.

Kageyama's P.O.V.

"Hey, what was that all about?" ___ asks.

"Nothing." I reply. The team seems to give me a few glances.

"Someone's got a new girlfriend!" Noya points and smiles, jumping up.

"I WHAT?! NO! WHY YOU-"

Third Person P.O.V.

Koemi walks around her highschool with no destination. She smiles to herself as she listens to her earphones.

"...not gonna write you a love song, 'cause you asked for it, 'cause you need one. I'm not gonna write you..."

Suddenly she is stopped by a tall boy older than her with long hair.

"Hello, Asahi!" she smiles, waving.

"Hey, Koemi! I wanted to ask you something." he rubs his hand in his hair.

"Yes?" she replies.

"Do you think you can talk to Kageyama? He, um, has been acting a bit weird in practice lately." Kageyama is acting weird?

"Why me? I don't know him all that well."

"Well, please try, he hasn't really been communicating with us, and communication is key." he smiles.

She thinks for a minute, then nods, "Okay, I shall try."

~~

"Kageyama!"

He turns around to see a familiar face.

--cliffhanger! Sorry if this chapter was boring and pretty bad, I suck at starting stories sometimes. It'll all play out though :)
If you have Tap (by Wattpad) then please add me because I have TONS of Haikyū stuff!! Thanks!
And, yeah, thanks for reading!