two.

I stood on the hellicarriers' deck, waiting for the plane carrying Agent Coulson and the Captain on it to arrive. I slip on a pair of Ray Bans and tap my leather boot on the ground impatiently.

I grinned as I shout over the wind. "Do you think Coulson asked him to sign his trading cards?" Natasha smirked. "Ten bucks says he has." She bets. I laugh as we shake on it. A quinjet lands soon after, and I know its the one Coulson and the Captain are on.

The ramp opens, and two men; one in a very familiar gray suit, and the other in a dark leather jacket. "Coulson!" I yell, running.

I don't give a damn how many agents and pilots I have to run over, I'm giving my adoptive dad, who I haven't seen in six months, a hug.

He turns away from the other guy just in time to catch me as I crash into him, crushing him in a tight hug. He doesn't hesitate to hug me back, like he did the first time when I was 16.

"Nice to see you too kiddo." He says, patting my back affectionately. I smile as I hug him tighter. "I haven't seen you in almost six months!" I complain, pulling away.

He smiles sheepishly. "Sorry. Work." I nod. "Its okay. You're here now, and I'm glad."

He smiles before turning to the other man from before. "Shay, this is Captain Steven Rogers, a.k.a-"

"Captain America." I say, extending my hand, smiling. "Yes, I know. My name is Shailene Elrend, its nice to meet you." I say.

The Captain smiles and shakes my hand. The first thing I notice is the firm handshake he gives me.

"Pleasure to meet you ma'am." He says gently. The Captain has blond hair, cut in an old fashioned traditional hair cut. His blue eyes gleam, and I notice just how handsome he is. He's wearing an old fashioned brown and white plaid shirt underneath his dark brown leather jacket, and a pair of dark trousers. The whole look seems to suit him well.

"Please, call me Shay." I say politely, smiling. So this is Captain America? Could've been worse....

I drop his hand, and Natasha steps forward. "Agent Romanoff. Captain Rogers." He says, introducing the two.

"Ma'am?

"Hi." Natasha says briskly, dropping his hand after a solid handshake, and turns to Coulson. "They need you on the bridge. Face Time."

Coulson turns to the three of us. "See you there."

He ruffles my hair slightly, much to my irritation, and walks off towards the hellicarrier's bridge.  

"There was quite a buzz around here, finding you in the ice. I thought Coulson was gonna swoon. Did he ask you to sign his Captain America trading cards yet?" She asks him nonchalantly.

"Trading cards?" He asks, sounding confused.

"Their vintage, he's very proud." I say, taking off my sunglasses and putting them in my pocket. I look up at him, literally, he's a lot taller than me. I shield my eyes from the sun with my hand, frowning slightly.

"Uh, no." He says, sounding unsure. I grin and turn to Natasha. I extend my hand and make a 'gimme' gesture. "Pay up Nat. We made a bet, fair and square."

I hear her mutter a few choice Russian words before fishing a ten dollar bill out of her pocket and handing it to me.

The Captain still looks confused as I spot a man in a purple shirt wandering the deck aimlessly. "Isn't that Dr. Banner?" I ask.

Without warning, Steve walks off in his direction, calling the doctor's name. I start to walk after him, when I feel a nudge on my shoulder. I turn to look at Natasha.

"So. What did you think of the Captain?" She asks. "Well, he looks nice. Old fashioned really, but that's to be expected, considering he comes from the 40's-"

"Not like that genius." She says, rolling her eyes. She nudges me again. "Do you think he's hot?" She whisper yells in my ear.

My eyes widen slightly. "Well, he's muscular..." I admit awkwardly. I scratch the back of my neck, blushing. She gives me a look. "Answer the question." She says tiredly. I sigh and nod. "Yeah. I think he is."

She brakes out laughing. "Shay's got the hots for the Captain!" She says in a mocking singsong voice. My eyes widen as I cover her mouth with my palm. "I just think he's handsome! Is that a crime? Its more of a compliment really!" I say. She rolls her eyes as I remove my hand carefully.

"Yeah, but you were always confident around guys. Because you always viewed them as friends. This I the first time you ever admitted that you thought a guy was good looking, compliment or not." She says, starting to walk away.

I pause for a moment, thinking about her words. She was right....

I walked after her as she says, "Gentlemen, you might want to step inside in a minute. Its gonna get a little hard to breath."

"Is this a submarine?" Steve asks.

"Really? They want me in a submerged, pressurized metal container?" Bruce asks sarcastically. I cross my arms and chuckle. "Its cute you guys think its a submarine." I comment.

Steve turns to look at me questioningly as Bruce moves closer to the edge as the hellicarrier rises. Steve walks over to the edge, watching as the turbines spin, lifting us out of the water.

"Oh no," Bruce says, rubbing his temple.

"This is much worse."