Chapter 2

"Hey!" Jordon's hands clamped down on my shoulders. The fellow journalist, who mostly worked on satirical stories, smiled widely, his chubby cheeks pushed up to his squinted eyes.

"You coming out to lunch with me and Dyl for lunch or not, man? You haven't stood up from this damn computer in hours! I'm sure you at least gotta piss or shit or something!" He laughed loudly, tugging at my shirt with child like fingers.

True, I had been sitting there for a while.

"Okay, okay." I shut the '90s style monitor off and stand.

His friend Dylan stood behind him, cell phone in hand and scrolling the internet.

Dylan stood in stark contrast to Jordon. His 6'6" height and thinner frame was an odd compliment to Jordon's 5'7" with more weight to him. Their hair was a mess on both, though, Jordon's a mullet stuffed under a cap and Dylan's a wazy, shoulder length mess that reminded me of Inigo Montoya.

I just looked like a homeless, gay, scene boy who stumbled in off the street to get a cup of coffee and use the wifi.

There are only so many places you can go to eat that are of decent quaility. Pizza? Nah. Subs? Too complicated. Soup? But there's so many kinds.

"Dude, just pick a place to eat already!" Jordon groaned.

"Why did you invite me if you were just going to bitch when I say no to something?" I retort, Hell, they already knew I was a picky eater, but they drag me along anyways.

"Because you say no to everything." Dylan chimmed in, tossing and arm around Jordon, "Why don't we just get coffee 'n' cakes? We all like those, plus they have a new place open on Cleveland*."

Oh, boy, a new place. Just what I love.

The bell ringing as we entered made every patron in the shop look up.

Oh, that's nice. I thought saracstically.

After stuttering through my order and getting a dirty look from the clerk, it seemed like ages before I could sit down and de-stress.

"Hey, Jorel." I feel the shoulder tap before the words and almost slap the innocent person behind me.

"Sorry, sorry, I didn't think I'd scare you." Aron stood with hands raised in submission, a tiny smile on his face.

He defininetly didn't look any better than when I had last seen him. Still skin and bone, dark circles under his eyes, hair thin and brittle, his nailed still shattered and broken at the ends.

His hands fell back to his sides and into his pockets, the little smile still on his face.

"Oh, uh." I start, feeling stupid for my staring, "Here, sit, sit."

I pull out the chair next to me and accross form Jordon for him. He sits, immidiately straightening a napkin Dylan had disturbed earlier.

"Sooo... You gunna introduce us to your boyfriend, J?" Jordon cooed, fluttering his eyelashes at me and Aron.

"You're one to talk going home with Dylan every night." I sneered, Jordon rolled his eyes and Dylan mummbled about being taken.

Aron chuckled, "I'm Aron, a friend of Jorel's." He stuck his hand out at Jordon who took it carfully, like he was afraid he would brake Aron's hand off if he grabbed it any harder.

Aron shook hands with Dylan, that smile still on his face.

"That offer still open, then?" Aron asked suddenly, his gaze focused on me.

"Sure." I say quickly. Not here, not now, Aron. I think, cutting into the cake to the right of my coffee.