Chapter 5.

Rhydian

I am so nervous as i walk into mr Geoffreys' classroom. Jimmy is glaring at me, and his followers, Liam and that other guy, look frightened, as if i could attack them at any moment. I wander over to Tom and Shannon, my only friends in this judgemental class.

"Guys, i have to tell you something," i start to whisper to them," Last night i-"

"QUIET!" Shouts Mr Geoffreys. I go to my seat; I'll tell them later. "Rhydian, your first counselling session is after the second bell." The class laugh and mutter ridiculing jokes to each other. As i look down at my knees Shannon puts a comforting hand on my shoulder. Why would he say something like that in front of the whole class?

I have to keep calm, make sure that the counsellour and my teacher know that there's nothing wrong with me. Yes, that's the answer! I'll show Jimmie and his two stupid coward friends.

When the bell rings i make my way to the 'child support' office. That name in itself sounds patronising to be honest. I knock on the door, expecting some old lady to answer. But it's not. I take a step away from the door, trying to resist the earge to run away. "Hello Rhydian."

It's Doctor Whitewood. 

You may expect me to feel only fear, but after getting over the shock of seeing Dr Whitewood at my school, i feel a scary amount of anger building up inside of me. I keep attempting to push the thought out of my head, but i can't.

Dr Whitewood took Maddy away from me. If it weren't for her i wouldn't have lost control; i wouldn't be in this mess. I forget about everything i had told myself as i look straight into her manipulating eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

Whitewood smiles at me innocently. 

 "I'm your new volunteer consellour, Rhydian. Why don't you sit down?"  She pulls up a chair opposite her own and gestures for me to sit there. I wander over to the chair.

"So, i've been hearing that you have been getting into fights, unable to control your anger. Perhaps this is because there is something inside of you that you need to hide?"

She can't know, that's impossible!

"I notice that your friend Maddy has gone. It's a shame, she was very much like you, wasn't she?"

How dare she even speak Maddy's name! I am getting increasingly nervous and aggitated. How much did she know? "I don't think that people made it easy for her to stay." I glare at her all the time that i say this.

"Well," Whitewood continued,"i think she had her own secrets that she didn't want anyone to know about. I know that she would confide in you"

"Do we really have to talk about this?" i ask," this has nothing to do with why i'm here."

"I'm just making conversation, Rhydian. I'll see you next week, hopefully then we can talk more about why you ran away last year."

I stand up and face her, saying "i don't have to tell you anything." I slam the door on my way out.

Maddy

My mum doesn't help me to my feet. WInstead she stares down at me. "We were worried sick when you didn't come to the den last night. What happened?" What do i say? I can't possibly tell her the truth; she's angry enough as it is.

" Erm, i was just taking a walk and i guess i just dozed off."

Luckily she isn't angry. "Oh, pet, you weren't still thinking about Rhydian were you?" I nodded. "Look, i know that the past few months have been hard, but i don't want you living on false hope. Come on, let's get you back to the pack." Mum leads me back to the den, where Jana was waiting. "Maddy, can i speak to you in private please?"

"Of course," i say, following her to a small hill outside the den.

We sit down; Jana doesn't waste any time in getting answers out of me. "Did you manage it?"

I nod and Jana's eyes widen. "So you saw Rhydian! How is he?"

I relpy seriously "Actually i'm quite worried about him. I think he's having trouble controlling the wolf."

Jana looks suprised. "Rhydian? He always seemed so stable. Maybe you should talk to him again tonight,Maddy." I agree. I really hope he didn't mess up in the counselling session. I hadn't realised that he was so alone, but he had told me before i left that he was so grateful to have a pack, and now he has no one of his own kind.

I have to do something about this. I can't carry on in this situation.

But there is no way we can come back to the human world. Not unless...

Not unless there was a way to convince Doctor Whitewood that i'm a human.

"Jana," i gasp," i have an idea. What if i let Doctor Whitewood find my DNA?"

Jana stares at me as if i'm stupid.

"Why on earth would you do that?"

I shake my head. "Because, on a Dark moon day, our blood turns into human blood." I look at Jana knowingly, but she still looks at me with a confused expression.

"Dr Whitewood already knows that you are part wolf."

"No, she knows my dad is a wolfblood, but she doesn't know that i am" i explain. "If i make it seem like he is the only part wolf, i can stay in the human world."

Jana's golden eyes light up with excitement"Oh!"

"About time!" I grumble.

Jana's face falls,"But that would mean that you would have to leave your parents behind. Where would you go?" She has a point, i mean i can't just go and hide out in Rhydian's foster home... can i?

All of a sudden a storm starts to come over us.

We must return to the den. "Look, this is near impossible, i know that Jana, but i have to try. I know that if this goes wrong i will have to face the consequences, but it will only be me in trouble." Jana looks uneasy.

"Maybe, but we'll have to clear it with your parents first." This is amazing, i'll finally get the chance to return home. I have to tell Rhydian tonight.

I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. I promise that it's going to get much more exciting. There are also going to be more scenes with Tom and Shannon. Thanks for reading!