"We got lost," Harry said sheepishly.

     "Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats," McGonagall said dismissively, turning to walk back to her desk with her emerald robes billowing behind her.

      Harry and Ron scampered to their seats in front of Tessa and Hermione, sharing a bewildered look with the dark haired girl.

Friday came around and Tessa, Harry, and Ron were having breakfast. Tessa had arrived, looking rather drowsy but managed to brighten once Fred and George had told her they'd played a prank on a few Ravenclaws the previous night. Harry was having some porridge as Tessa piled some eggs and bacons and sausages on her plate. She knew her priorities well—food was important. Food was love; food was life.

"What have we got today?" Harry asked, pouring some sugar onto his porridge. Tessa passed him a jug of milk if he wanted to add some in as well.

"Double Potions—" Ron started and Tessa lit up, excited for the subject, "—with the Slytherins."

"Well, that's brilliant," she murmured, her eyes darkening as she glanced at the direction of the white-blonde-haired boy.

Ron sent her a sympathetic look, reaching over to wrap an arm around her shoulders comfortingly. "Snape's Head of Slytherin House. They say he always favors them — we'll be able to see if it's true."

"Wish McGonagall favored us," Harry said with a wistful sigh, and Tessa knew he was mulling over all the homework the professor had given them.

Tessa smirked and laughed as she popped a bit of egg in her mouth. "I will never forgot the map-watch incident."

Harry and Ron glowered at her in response.

"Hey, T-Tessa," a timid voice said from behind her and all three Gryffindors swiveled in their seats.

Tessa was surprised to find Neville Longbottom standing before them with pink ears and a red face. "Yes, Neville?" She smiled kindly at him, prompting him to speak.

He twiddled with his thumbs, his eyes looking around at anything but her face. "I-I heard your mum's Catherine Valentine."

Tessa shared a curious glance with Ron before nodding at Neville. "Yes, she is. Why?"

"Well, I was wondering if you could—"

"Oi, Neville!" Seamus Finnegan interrupted, bounding over to them and giving a nervous chuckle while slinging an arm around the other boy. "Hiya, Tessa!" He grinned and winked at the girl. "Hey, Harry, Ron!" He pulled Neville away from them. "C'mon, Neville, we got to go."

As they walked away, Tessa heard some parts of Seamus mutterings. "You shouldn't ask," or "It's rude," and something about "Do you see anyone else asking?"

"Odd," Tessa told Harry and Ron with a strange look on her face.

Ron nodded in agreement. "It's weird—I've heard loads of people talking about your mum."

"What about?" Harry asked curiously.

Ron shook his head. "Don't know. They whisper, the lot of them. But I catch a few parts like 'flying' and something about her being a 'beaker'. I don't know."