Episode 1

"A friendly desert kingdom where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and strange lights light up the sky as we all pretend to sleep. Welcome to Nightvale."

Cecil began his show, eager to tell his listeners about... well, just about anything remotely interesting. The kingdom was prosperous and (sadly) just as normal as it always had been. The vague-yet-menacing government agency hadn't done anything for years now (or at least that's what he was told), and the hooded figures still refused to be interviewed. He started by covering everything that needed to be said, such as the fact that angels still do not exist, and that the new dog park  was not to be entered or thought about by anyone. He mentioned that old woman Josie was selling a lightbulb that had apparently been touched by an angel (which do not exist), and that Big Rico's had a new flavor of pizza because of a "recent incident", and is selling it as a limited addition. All the normal things that I cover each day, he thought as he played the pre-recorded message from their sponsors, Why can't something different happen for once?

As Cecil sat in his castle, reporting all that had happened that day, a car drove down the dusty road leading to the kingdom. The driver sighed, nervous about his new job. He was going to be a royal scientist after all, and he was sure that that would be stressful. He had never even heard of the place he was going, and it wasn't on any maps that he could find. Nightvale, he thought, Why have I never heard of it? It seems like somewhere that you'd remember if you ever saw it, so why doesn't anyone? It made no sense to him, and he began pondering the matter once more, until a loud crack broke through his thoughts. The car's radio had turned on, although it hadn't worked for years (probably why it made a loud crack), and a smooth, caramel voice seeped through the speakers. He was so entranced by the voice that he payed no attention to what it was saying, until he heard something about a note.

"My new servant has just handed me a note. Thank You Chad! Now let's see... Oh! I seems that we have a new citizen entering our humble kingdom today! He will apparently be our new royal scientist, and is named... Carlos? I think that's how it's pronounced. Anyway, we welcome Carlos, the new royal scientist, and wish him luck with his, um, science! He should arrive very soon through our gates listeners, and you all should welcome him best you can. Remember, he is from the outside, so please refrain from things like throwing dogs, cats, tentacled creatures, and other common animals. It is also advised that you not praise the angels for his appearance, because they are not real. Information about the tiered layers of heaven is forbidden, and only given on a need to know basis. And now, the weather."

Carlos was slightly shocked. Did he just say to not throw tentacled creatures at me to welcome me? He listened to the weather, and looked into the distance. He could see the silver walls of the kingdom, and figured that the would be there in a matter of minutes. He smiled, ready to meet his new home for the first time. At the very moment, he heard the caramel voice begin seeping through his speakers again, this time to end the segment for the day.

"Who is this Carlos? We may never know fully, but we shall meet him soon. Until then, my dear listeners, we can only guess. Now the sun sets into the sky, and I must leave you. Goodnight, Nightvale,"

"Goodnight"

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N- Hello! this is actually going to be a collaboration with @MrBrightsiide , and she should have the second chapter out soon. Until then, goodnight.