chapter one

Effy was a good girl, she went to a good school and got good grades. She lived in a big house with her two parents and sister. She had dark brown hair reaching to about her shoulders. Her eyes were a dark blue and her teeth were dead straight thanks to 2 years with braces. Her parents always expected the very best from her but she couldn't always meet their expectations. She was bad at dealing with stress, bad at being put under pressure and bad at making friends. She hated her lifestyle, she hated always having to get her parents approval on everything she did. They didn't approve of the clothes she wore, the music she listened to, the language she used and the people she got involved with. They just didn't approve of her. Her family was a very strict and rich one, they were very well known around town earning a high reputation as very successful people. There was no room for mistakes in this family, they allowed no screw ups.

But god was she about to screw up.

Michael was a bad boy, he only occasionally showed up at school, and didn't even care about his grades. He had dark brown hair and his eyes were a light shade of green. His parents had kicked him out of home at the age of sixteen, probably assuming he was dead by now. He was bad at everything. He drunk more then recommend, spending most of his days wasted. He lived by himself in a small run down house, more of a shed. The paint was scratching away and the whole floor was covered in empty alcohol bottles and cigarette packets. It had 4 rooms in total. There was a small tv and sofa in one room with a double mattress in the centre were he slept on. He was alone, he had no one.

He already had screwed up.