Confronting the Nightwatcher

En başından başla

"You think you know these rooftops? I roam them. Thought you could use my help." She stood up from the wall. The mysterious woman walked towards him, in which Raphael withdrew a Sai in his palm just in case it was going to get ugly. He made sure he did it behind his back so he'd have the upper hand. Her toes stopped just before the light could hit her. The dark body rocked to one side with her hands on her hips. "I also think its time for me to have a cute little sidekick." she teased, but with such presence, she slightly meant it.

"Sidekick? I've never heard of you." His words of disrespect didn't phase her.

"'Cause I'm the best at what I do." How was she so confident and sure of herself? Does she know who she's really dealing with? If she she knew that she was dealing with the Nightwatcher, does she even realize who she's really dealing with behind the helmet? It kind of scared him. This woman could be more dangerous than he could have realized.

"Listen lady, I work alone." He put his sai-less hand up, trying to push her away with the air behind it. It also created a little distance between the two of them.

"Oh, really? You think you've gotten anything accomplished alone?" The tone of her voice proved cynical, irking him some. "You may have everybody else fooled but you don't fool me, Raph." her forearm folded over her bicep when her thumb jammed just under her collarbone.

"Yeah? Well guess what sweetie," the hidden weapon made its appearance as he swung it out of its hiding place. The handle was clutched hard against his three fingered hand. "I-uh, hey. Wait a minute." his posture relaxed some; the top of his head tipped to the side, hoping it would help him see the dark woman. "Who are you?" he sought out since he was unable to see any defining feature in her covered face. She shifted some. Raphael clutched his sai harder, anticipating her movements. The woman didn't want to give too much of herself away, but she extended her hand. It creeped towards the light as the shine overlapped her green, dull clawed hand with a recognizable gym glove strapped to it. Raphael's jaw gaped open as his eyes trailed up her arm. The appendage lead up to her dark head, still anonymous, but the light glared against her eyes.

"How'd you know it was me?" His body relaxed as he stood up straight; the Sai was put back in its place. Her hand retreated back into the dark and onto the side of her hip.

"Wasn't too hard to put the pieces together. Besides, you look like a giant metal turtle." She spoke normally. Without a doubt, it was Mona Lisa. The compromised hero sighed, flipping the glass up on his helmet. She'll to the light, only some brightened his features. Those Amber eyes looked disappointed for his secret had been revealed.

"It's that obvious, huh?"

There was some rustling. Both Raphael and Mina were quick to look. The theif, both scared and tired, was trying to escape the rooftop as the two conversed. He hoped he could try escaping by jumping onto the roof of the next building. Earlier, he looked down and his confidence shortened once he saw how far up he was.

"I should've stayed in law school." He whispered to himself, crying as he held one half of his body off the building, trying to see if he could simply drag himself over instead of jumping.

"Aww! He's trying to get away! How cute!" The lizard lady cried sarcastically at the struggling man. Raphael turned to face her. Was she thinking what he was thinking. Right when he caught her face, she gave him a short nod. A nod could mean anything, but this one meant she was all in. Raphael returned the gesture and flipped the glass back down over his eyes. Now, the two large mutants made their way over to the escapee. "Looks like I got a sidekick." She bragged behind him, now bringing herself into the light. No wonder he couldn't see her. From head to toe, the girl was covered in black. Even her head covering. The Nightwatcher scoffed at her comment.