Episode 10 - In Between

Chapter 10 – In Between

Lucian fell again as he was just taking a beating from the leader of the Sentis. Verrath once more had him staggering and he finished up the combo of strikes by kicking him on the face and he fell to the ground once more due to the strike.

“Much farther than your father.” Verrath said as he was no longer amused. He began to be bored of waiting for other members of Seiryu’s party to come here and do combat with him.

“Damn it…why is he so strong?” the calm student said softly as he tried to get up.

“That’s practically a common sense question if you ask me.” Verrath said as he made his way towards his throne. He sat on the chair and he sensed that there were different energies fighting just in the outskirts of where they are at.

“Damn…you…” he said.

“It would seem that Vrede and Fraus had gotten serious already.” The leader of the Sentis said to Lucian. “I don’t know how much your comrades can hold on.

“They need to do so…” he said as he tried to get up. “I believe in them.” Lucian said as he let his darkness rage around him.

“Such a sad energy.” Julia said as she felt multiple energies rage around her. She and Fran continued to walk on as they continue to look for their comrades now that they are done with their respective duels.

“It feels like it’s screaming but at the same time it’s happy.” Fran said as she followed her companion as the two of them walked on the long hallway.

They found themselves in front of a door, which has been opened before. Beside it was grey void that looked to be open and ready for use.

“Which path are we going to take?” Fran asked her. “Shall we split up?” she asked her.

“It’d be useless.” Julia said to her. “Just follow me.” She instructed her comrade in return.

“Whatever.” The blonde replied to them and immediately they went through the portal void that was in front of them.

The two females now found themselves in a room, where there was a window shaped like a diamond. There was a grey bed in it, a small drawer with a picture frame beside it and there were few decorations present in the room for it had looked very plain and bland. The walls were grey and the ceiling and the floor were no exception.

“Must be someone’s room.” Fran said as she examined the door that led to it. She tried to turn the doorknob but it was jammed. “Wow someone intended to jam this door shut.” She said.

“Luckily the grey void that we used hasn’t disappeared yet.” Julia said to her as she looked around the room for clues.