Immediately, Rosie blanched, realizing what he was about to do. "Oh no, not ag-"

"Everyone!" he started, his extremely amplified voice gathering the attention of those in the hallway and some people from inside the library. The boys, Lily, and Rosie winced at the loudness and stepped away from Sirius a bit. 

Sirius paid no attention and continued, "I, Sirius Black, would like to ask Rosaline Winters if she would accompany me to Slughorn's Christmas Party." By the end of his announcement, he had attracted the attention of almost everyone in the library, who were sticking out their heads from the door and looking at the group.

Rosie laughed painfully and nodded with an embarrassed blush -- she loved Sirius but prayed he would never do this again. Sirius' smile grew even larger and he jumped up and down.

"She said yes!" he shouted towards the forming crowd around the group. They all cheered and clapped. 

"Nice one, Padfoot," said James, patting his friend on the back.

"Mister Black! Quiet down! There's no shouting in my library!" Madam Pince said from the door, silencing everyone. Those who were in the library returned back to where they were from the door and those in the hallway either turned back to what they were doing or continued walking.

"Technically, we're not in the library, we're outside," Sirius pointed out cheekily. Madam Pince's eyes widened slightly and her cheeks turned red with anger. Sirius grinned and ran off, Remus and Peter quickly following before they could face the wrath of Madam Pince. Before James took off, he turned to Lily.

"You're going with me, by the way," he said with a cheeky smile, running off before Lily could object. 

"Well, looks like we've both got dates on Friday," said Rosie with a small smile to the shocked Lily.

--

"This is one of my students, Rosaline Winters. She's absolutely wonderful at Potions - has a natural knack for it!" Slughorn boasted about Rosie to his colleagues who were attending the party. Rosie smiled and nodded along, slightly embarrassed at how much Slughorn was complimenting her.

"In fact, she's just great at everything!" the tipsy Professor exclaimed with a laugh. His colleagues laughed along with him, the liquid in their glasses splashing about.

Rosie shook her head humbly. "I think everything would be an overstatement, Professor," she said lightly with a smile, her cheeks reddening at the comment.

"And humble too! What an amazing student you have here, Horace," one of the men said to Slughorn. Rosie smiled at him and looked down at her mug of butterbeer.

"Indeed. I'm forever grateful to have her!" said Slughorn happily. 

Rosie looked up and caught Sirius' eye from across the room. They had planned on sticking together, but once they entered, Slughorn had immediately whisked her away to his colleagues. She looked at him with pleading eyes, begging him to drag her away. He nodded, set down his drink, excused himself from James, Lily, and Remus, and walked towards them.

Sirius politely tapped Slughorn on his shoulder, politely interrupting him with a large smile, "Sorry, Professor, but I'm going to have to steal Rosie away to dance."

"Oh, that's alright!" Slughorn said, looking at Rosie with a smile. Rosie smiled and said quiet goodbyes while exchanging handshakes before going to the dance floor with Sirius.