Big Red

Mackenzie's P.O.V

Driving to school without Luke every morning has been the most lonely I have ever been. I stood in front of my locker trying to remember my combo because Luke was everything that filled my head. Then Luke's best friend Calum walked over to me.

"Hey Cal.... Do you by chance remember my combo?" I laughed

"Actually I do, you asked me to remember it for you."

"Really! I need help opening it. Could you by chance help?"

"What's in it for me?"

"What do you want?"

"A kiss... Just kidding."

"God Cal you scared the shit out of me."

"I need help with the Math test, could you help me book worm."

"Book worm really? Oh Calum Hood you are so clever. But sure I'll help you last block since we both have a spare." I smiled at him, we decided that we would meet in the parking lot after fourth period. The bell rang and I opened my locker with the combo Calum left me. I ran to Chemistry, I sat down and a new boy Michael sat down beside me. His hair was a dark brown, it was definitely dyed you could tell since he had roots. He sat with his head on his desk, he looked sad. I poked his shoulder checking to see if he was alive. He through his head up startled.

"I'm sorry I thought that you died." I laughed, he smiled back

"It's okay I need to stay awake."

"I'm Mackenzie, but you can call me whatever you want."

"Okay, nice to meet you whatever you want." he giggled

"And your name is...?"

"Michael, but I prefer big red."

"Why big red?"

"My last name is Clifford... Like Clifford the big red dog."

"I loved that show!"

"Don't sing it---"

"Okay class these seats are permanent until the end of the year. Open up to page 348 and do 1-23. I'll be in my office if you need me."

"Now he will go into his office and fall asleep."

"Wanna go get some coffee?"

"I would love too"  We left the room 5 minutes later and to my surprise the teacher was fast asleep probaly dreaming about how his wife left him because he was a boring couch potatoe, like he told us in one lecture the year before.

"Wanna leave in my car because for all I know you could be a serial killer and murder me with my fork from your left over idian food." I said with a proud smile thinking I was the funniest kid around

" I guess that always could be the case, sure I guess I have a motorcycle so I guess you would get cold anyways and I don't have an extra helmet."

"Big Red your such a bad ass motorcycle wow what a sterotypicial thing to have and let me guess you smoke a little too?"

"Umm.. Excuse me? Smoking is for loosers and wanna be's. I'm a good student I finish all my homework on time and I do my chores not a minute late from my mother's request."

"I'm peeing that is literally the best thing I've ever heard!" I said between my cries of laughter 

"Now can we leave already my stomach is calling for its daily dose of caffeine" he said grumbling under he breath.

I walked over to my '54 light blue chevy truck and opened the front door breathing in the scent of Luke's cologne which filled the air. Michael opened his door and immediately stopped in his tracks.

"It smells like man in here." I laughed at his statment he seemed so calm just taking it all in.

"It smells like my boyfriend, and I wouldn't say he's quite a man"  I said smirking and right after I had said that we burst into laughter.

"That was really bad and that's coming from me I'm one of the most weird and disturbing people you'll ever meet."

"Than I guess we'll get along very well because I'm the exact same way. Now where too Big Red?"

"Some sort of coffee shop where we can talk about of lives and feelings and be kinda weird"

"Michael, I can already tell that this is a start to an amazing friendship."

...............

IM SOOOOO SOOOO SORRY IVE LITERALLY BEEN SO BUSY AND I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO UPDATE AT ALL AND I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS STORY SINCE IVE BEEN WORKING ON ANOTHER ONE. I PROMISE ILL START BEING MORE ACTIVE OKAY LOVE YOU ALL