Chapter 1

July 2016

Samantha POV

"Are you ready Sam?" my mom yelled from downstairs. "Yes mom," I answer. I look myself in the mirror and do some little fixes.

I then head downstairs to leave to La Banda auditions. Im so excited to go to the one of the auditions. I get in the car with mom and head to the venue.

By the way Im Samantha Perez. I live in Miami, Florida and Im 14 years old for now. I wanted to get early to the venue but it wasn't early enough.

There was already a long line and the gates haven't been open. My mom finds a parking and we rush to the back of the line so we don't end up in the very back. I'm literally running until I shove a guy.

"Im sorry" I say. I look at him for sec the start to run again. I noticed those green eyes of his.

"Mija despacito, empujaste ese chico" my mom yells from like all the way over there.

I was already in line so I didn't really care since I said sorry.

"Ma, le dije sorry" I say. My mom just chuckled and stood next to me.

I swear the line hasn't moved at all. Its either that or Im impatient. I was just there standing with ny mom waiting.

I saw that one kid just going to the front of the line. Is he allowed to do that? Im going to do that.

"Hey you" I said. He turns around and smiles.

"You're that girl that pushed" he smirk.

"Yeah I guess sorry about that" I chuckle nervously.

"Well you want to go in with me" he smiles.

"Yeah I guess thanks" I smile.

I get my mom and tell her that the guy I bumped into is letting us go with him. She just smirked.

As we go in I see that we are one of the first to go in. I am happy that I get to be in the front. I just keep on smiling.

"Well I will see you around I think" he smiles and waves good-bye. I just smile and wave back. There is just something about him that is different.

Wait where is he going? Oh well at least I am in the front. My mom just stares at me with this face.

"Por que me miras haci?" I say.

"Pues se me hace que te gusta es chamco" she smiles.

I just laugh at her comment. Like come on what is she thinking I barley met the guy. Plus I don't even know his name. I just stand there until Alejandra comes out.

~~~

A lot of people with amazing voices have passed but some not so great. Well the show is almost over since there is like 5 people left. But anyways Ale comes walking to the middle. "Directo de Sacremento, California, esta con nosotros aqui en la banda Jesus Ulloa!" A song starts to play and Jesus comes out. As he goes on stage I can't believe what I see. It the guy that got me in here. He puts his arms out to high-five people. He comes to my side and I kinda pulled him since I want him to notice me. He winked at me and after he went to the middle of the stage and did a little dance.

I can't wait to hear him sing. I kinda wasn't paying attention that all I heard was "......A votar" I quickly unlock my phone and give him a yes.

I was crossing my fingers so he would pass to the judges. As always there is that sound that just worries me. Then I see 89%. I

I scream at the top of my longs. He gets to sing the judges. The judges ask him questions and when he talked about his family I teared up a little.

At least he his showing them that he is perusing his dreams. Like always I zoned out and the music started to play.

He sang and I had my eyes on him the whole time, admiring him like a little puppy. I was still in my own world just looking a Jesus until I see him smile.

Also I hear screaming and I scream too since I don't know what's going on. I am guessing he got all three yes. I really didn't want to watch the rest of the show so I told my mom that I was tired.

My mom and I had a hard time getting out of the venue like these girl will push you.

I ended up "accidently" pulling a girls hair but whatever she shoved me and I almost fell.

She deserved it but anyways I was heading to the car when I hear someone screaming. "Aye! Wait"

I see Jesus coming toward me. "I never caught your name" he said.

"I'm Samantha but you could call me Sam for short" I smile.

I couldn't help but stare at his eyes. "Well Sammy... I would love to get to know you" he hands me his phone.

The way he said Sammy got me feeling all kinds of way. Nobody ever called me Sammy before so its good thing. I put my number in and hand him back his phone.

"Is it okay if I put you as Sammy Bear" he ask. Omg! I feel kinda special.

"Yeah sure" I smile. "Well I will text you later" he says and leaves.

I just stand there and watch him leave. "Mija apurate" I hear my mom yelling.

"Ya voy" I say. I run to the car and leave the venue.

The whole car ride I couldn't stop smiling. My mom was just laughing.