Chapter 2: River

The grey troll, named River, opened her eyes. The next thing she knew, a bright light hit her eyes and she was in a bed. She felt her wings being touched by hands as she turned to the side to see a troll with a white robe, black glasses, yellow skin, brown eyes and green hair was wrapped her wing in a long bandage. River hissed, catching the doctor's attention. "Oh, good, you're awake. Sorry if I hurt you. Don't worry, you're alright...".

"Where am I?" River asked softly, and her vision became clear. She was on a white and plain bed, and in a plain room. The doctor smiled and whispered softly. "You're in the hospital. A couple brought you here because they saw you injured...".

"W-Where are they?" She asked as he smiled and nodded. "I'll go call them.".

He exited the room, then River sighed and looked around. A small tv was set and the bed had two side tables beside the bed and the remote on one of them. Then she sat up and looked at her wings, she tried flapping them, but it hurt and she hissed. Suddenly, the door opened and two figures showed. A blue troll and a pink one. River knew they were the couple that saved her, why? Because they look perfect for each other. The pink trolls squealed and hugged her. "You're alive! I love your wings!".

"Poppy, give her some space. She just woke up." The blue troll said as he stood beside her and asked. "Are you alright?".

"Y-Yes... thank you..." she mumbled and took one last glance at them. She titled her head and asked. "Are you the couple that saved me?".

"W-We're not actually a couple..." yet. Branch said as Poppy and Branch blushed. River mouthed a 'oh' and chuckled awkwardly. "S-Sorry... that was awkward. But I thank you...".

"You're welcome!" Poppy sang as Branch rolled his eyes playfully and introduced themselves. "I'm Branch, and the slightly annoying troll is Poppy.".

Poppy punched his shoulder as Branch chuckled and shrugged. "I'm kidding! What's your name?".

"R-River..." she said and slightly blushed. She didn't know why, but somehow she felt better when she saw Branch's face. Branch and Poppy smiled, then Poppy squealed and jumped. "We should show you around! It's gonna be amazing!".

"If you say so..." River shrugged her shoulders as Poppy grabbed her wrist and dragged her outside. Branch sighed and shook his head and followed. Poppy introduced River to the Snack Pack, her father, and everybody else. Somehow, she would only focus on Branch. (A/N: remember, this is Broppy fanfic)

River waved at everybody else as they left, only leaving Branch and her. Branch smiled and whispered to her. "Poppy told me to let you stay at mine. Besides, I have many good and an extra bed. Let's go?".

"Sure." River smiled and followed the blue troll. As they arrived in his blue pod, River noticed an odd looking thing inside a closet. She titled her head, and checked if Branch was there. She sneakily opened the curtains and... thousands of cards fell, and just as she thought things would get worse, she heard a voice. "River?!".

A/N

Ok, so far so good. While you're reading this, I'll tell you an odd and scary story. We were in a mall, called Del Amo. We were just about to meet up with our cousins, but signals started ringing in the ceiling and everyone got alarmed. Including me. I was freaking out, in the inside of course. But luckily we met up with or cousins and quickly exited. We couldn't hear the voice from the speaker was saying, but it said something about a 'system', 'evacuate'. Luckily, we made it out. Boy, I was sweating like crazy! It was so scary! I thought like an earthquake or a robber or a flood or something scary was about to happen. I'm just glad we're safe.