Advice from Dorephan

Start from the beginning

Link looked down at his lap. Guilt washed over him and thoughts of telling Sidon to return to his home immediately popped into his mind. He knew the Zora King meant no ill will and he knew the Zora King wanted whatever made his son happier. But that wasn't stopping Link from trying to come up with a plan to convince the Prince to go back.

"Forgive me." Dorephan sighed. "Again, I did not mean to upset you. I am simply a father trying to protect my only family from hurting any more than he already has. However I know I cannot protect him from everything. Emotions are one thing I cannot simply pick up and throw far away from my home. I will admit, he does seem to be more...active since you have returned to his life. Most of what I remember him doing is swimming deep into the depths of the water below us or simply floating in the waters near Vah Ruta. Often he would lock himself in his room and only come out to pray to his sister's statue. I believe you have done him well." The Zora smiled kindly and Link returned it with a smile of his own. "I must ask you one thing, it may be a bit too personal and you are more than welcome to deny an answer. How are you?" 

"I'm fine." The response was instant. Link didn't think much of the question and he didn't think Dorephan would read much into his response.  The gigantic Zora leaned back and examined the Hylian King in front of him before speaking again.

"I understand, you are still not quite ready to talk. That's fine." Link rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "These things take time. Tell me, how are you since your coronation? I know you are inexperienced but how are you feeling about everything?"

"I..." Link faltered and lowered his hands. He sighed and began pacing. To be quite honest he didn't understand how he was feeling. He was excited, honored, proud. He was King of his home, he was the most important person in Hyrule. At the same time he was terrified. The dream he had not too long ago still crept into his mind and made him feel as if he was a failure of a King before he even begun doing his kingly duties. "I had a dream. Three- no, four. Four girls stood around me. With them there were five...five men? Some looked like men or at least mature teens. Then there were two boys. They all looked like me in some way. And there was a wolf too. It was..." Link racked his brain trying to figure out what part of his dream he would tell the King. He didn't want him to worry. "One of the boys wore a mask and stabbed me. That is it."

Link walked more towards the entrance and looked outside, mentally debating whether or not he should mention what he had remembered of his life before the Calamity. Eventually he sighed and turned around, signing it out.

"I also...remembered something. Of myself when I was a child. I think...it was my mother and father? I'm not sure. I visited a home in Castle Towns when it was just ruins and I...remembered something." Link looked up to see the slightly surprised look of King Dorephan. This was certainly...something. Both of what he Link had confessed was...something. The Zora King sighed and thought for a moment but Link began signing again. "And I have been feeling...this is pretty damn embarrassing to say but...I think I have grown too dependent of Sidon." He lowered his hands, not giving any more detail but Dorephan didn't need any.

"Ah, that is something I am able to answer confidently. I'm going to let you in on a small secret, Your Highness, my son has been attempting nudge you into perhaps becoming more comfortable towards him. You see, since the day you arrived here with the very upsetting news of the Princess's death he felt the need to become the friend you hadn't had in a long while, so perhaps you being dependent on him isn't such a negative thing. However I do not recommend being completely reliant on Sidon, just enough to where you are able to feel comfortable enough to discuss things you need to get off your chest. I understand it may be hard but please, for your sake, make an effort." Link allowed a small smile to escape his stoic expression and nodded. What the Goddess had informed Link long ago about someone being his guide returned and now he was more sure than ever that it was Sidon.

The two talked some more after that. King Dorephan explained certain things a King should do and what Link should probably do. Setting stronger relationships with the Goron, Rito, and Gerudo was one thing Link was tasked to do and was actually excited for. When all was said and done, Link began heading out but the Zora King stopped him once more.

"Son, before you go I would like to offer you one last piece of advice regarding your recent recollection of a childhood memory. As  you travel Hyrule to strengthen the bonds between the sub-communities, do not be afraid to explore the land some more. Perhaps another memory will return. And...those five figures in your dream. That is something that can be answered in an old, ancient library buried deep within Hyrule Castle. It holds the history and secrets of those five and it may even help you in your own journey."

Link smiled and thanked the King once more. He bowed and promised to return soon before he turned and began walking out. Sidon was playing with the Zora children. As he walked down the glittering stairs and thanked the Goddesses for someone like Sidon in his life.