Chapter Seven

My mothers house wasnt anything fancy, but for me it was incredible. Finally, somewhere to call home, a place where I could tell people I spent my holidays. I rushed to the front door, knocking excitedly. The door opened and my mother stood in front of me. Her hazel eyes widened in happiness when she saw me.

"Scarlet!" She said, throwing her arms around me tightly.

I stepped back, studying her, "Your hair changed,"

"I change it up every now and then," She laughed.

Her previously hot pink hair was now the same shade as mine, a pale pastely pink. She looked like me. She looked like my mother.

"Oh, I just can't believe we finally get to be a family," She sniffed, pulling me into another bone breaking hug.

I laughed shakily, "I can't believe I finally have a family,"

"I just want you to know that what your father and I did, we did to protect you. We hated doing it, and we hated ourselves for doing it. It was the hardest thing I've ever done, you were my baby girl, and I missed you growing up," She sobbed.

"Shhh, mum, don't cry," I sniffed, my eyes watering, "Lets go inside,"

She nodded, leading me inside, into the living room. It was so... homey. My heart leapt.

"Actually, lets go see your room," She smiled, wiping her eyes.

My heart skipped a beat, "I have... I have... A room?"

"I always planned for you to have this room," She said, leading me up a short flight of stairs.

She pushed open a white door, revealing where I was to sleep. A place to truly call my own.

"I know it's not much..." Mum trailed off.

"It's perfect," I whispered.

I had a built in cupboard, a king single bed covered with colourful rugs and pillows and a desk with a lamp in the corner. It didn't matter how empty it was, because it was mine.

"How did you and Dad meet?" I asked.

Mum sighed, "I wish I could give you some huge romantic love story, but I'm afraid it wasn't like that,"

"It wasn't?" I frowned.

She sighed, "I like to think it could have gone somewhere if we didn't get so caught up in our work for the Order. We hooked up at graduation, resulting in you. We both loved you so much, but our duties to fight the Dark Lord would have hurt you, even if we stopped working for Dumbledore."

"How romantic," I said sarcastically.

Mum laughed, "I would go back and do it all again, if it meant I had you,"

"Tell me about being a Metamorphmagus," I smiled.

She laughed, "I didn't exactly use it to help people. I used to cause trouble at school wearing other people's faces, making sure that people I hated got detention,"

"God, there are a lot of people I should o do that too," I sniggered.

My mum laughed, "People started getting suspicious though, and I made the mistake of using someone's face while they were in detention. Then the teachers caught on."

I burst into a fit of giggles at the idea of McGonagall lecturing a twelve year old, purple haired, Nymphadora Tonks.

Mum smiled, "I still did it a lot after that, so every time someone was in trouble, they always asked where I was."

There was a loud knock on the door.

"Ah, that must be your father," Mum smiled.

Snape rushed inside, covered in snow.