chapter 7 split up (samson)

Samson's pov

I checked the creature for any useful things but all it carried some key card. "What is it?" I asked Nathan "it's a key card, you use it to access to any part of the station" he replied as he took it from me, "besides, I see that there's two doors over here" he said as he walked over two doors. I see two doors at opposite sides at the end of the hallway, the door to the left says western wing while the door to the right says Eastern wing " let's split up... We should try and explore this station to find more information about this place. I will take the left and you take the right" he said but I don't think it's a good idea "why? I get the feeling it's a bad idea" I said but he didn't listen.

He took off his clothes off and started to head out,"um why did you take off your clothes?" I asked "to me it feels hot in here" he replied as he as he disappeared into the darkness and the door closed. I let out a sigh and walked into the door to the Eastern wing and opened it; in there, it's dark with minimal lighting there but I can make out it was some sort of pod chamber but it has few pods: one is small and contains a child, second is a adult size and empty and same as the other one but the last one is broken up with shattered glass at the floor.

I stepped in there and felt a chill like a chilly breeze blown on my bare body but I chose to ignore it even though I'm scared. I opened the pod in the middle and stepped inside, it closed as soon as I stepped inside and the lights flickered on below my feet, I saw a metal tube so I grabbed it and plugged it into my belly button even though it hurts a little but I got used to it. The red ooze began filling up the pod I can feel it tickle on my feet and I giggled but soon as it reaches up my waist I started to feel drowsy so I closed my eyes but the red ooze completely fills up the pod I can feel it filling up my lungs and I feel it running down my throat which makes me want to throw up but I can't but it kind of feels nice.

8 hours later....
I flashed my eyes open as if I woke up from a nightmare but it's still dark in here, I moved around in my pod even though I'm submerged in red ooze but I felt the metal tube brushing against my leg. Suddenly, my pod started to shake as lights turn on below my feet and the pod fixed from the floor, I can see the room illuminated because of the pod so I pressed my hands on the glass to look around. I saw something​ humanoid but it got closer, the more closer it got the more I can see the details: it was the same creature I just killed. "What the hell!? I killed it! Why was it alive!?" I said in my head as I opened my mouth to scream but no sound.

The creature pounds on the glass but slowly which gives me time to unplug the metal tube attached to my belly button, i curled my fingers into fists and got ready in a fighting stance and as soon as the creature breaks the glass did I collapsed on the floor for the creature to kill me? No! I lunged at it and gave it a beat down by punching it in the face, the creature grabbed me by the hand and threw me off.

I felt sick and wanted to breath so I coughed and hack up the red ooze and the creature pinned me down on the ground and I wrestled it, i punched it in the chest over, and over but I started puking up the red ooze on the creature thus make it squirm and screeching.

Apparently, it doesn't like it so I try and grab a fire extinguisher to kill it but it got up and slashed me with it's claws "ghhh!" I grunted and grabbed the extinguisher and bashing on the creatures head thus causing to go limp, I panted and rubbed my still slimy head in confusion. I crawled back to the pod, pick up the metal tube and suck on it, it tasted salty but I liked it.

After I finished sucking on the tube I got up and walked up the small pod which contains a child but the child wasn't there "am I hallucinating? Earlier, the child was there. Maybe he just woke up and leave?" I said but there wasn't any red ooze any where not even foot prints which makes me wonder was there really a child or not but I didn't dare to go into details. I saw a door next to the pod "laboratory" I croaked so I approached it, opened it, and I see cages, pods but not the ones I slept in but contains creatures I've never seen and the last of them seemed humanoid and other experiments.

I walked towards the pod the contains a small humanoid, it looked like a small child but with bird wings and a tail. I tapped the glass but nothing happens but I turned around and there was a desk with files scattered on it and a flashlight, I picked it up and started viewing the files. They were records and experiments done by scientists lead by that one scientist: dr. Winfred h. Bennington, "where did I heard that name?" I thought as I skimmed the files and found one file that says "experiment 36: the ultimate lifeform". It reads:

Experiment 36 is that we, the scientists have used the test subject as the next step for evolution. The subjects name was Brian d. Jackson, the youngest son of captain John r. Jackson and age 12. We've used him to combine with a bird and a lizard to make an attempt at making a new subspecies and put him into cryostasis till further notice. Next up, we've conducted experiments of bringing back the dead as ordered by dr. Bennington.

That's what ends at the last paragraph, I couldn't make out the rest as the files are wet, and slimy but I sat down and try and piece together the puzzle. It is true that I am the son of the captain but I had no idea that  i have a younger brother but what the scientists done was unacceptable. I stared at the pod which contains my brother with astonishment but the laboratory was a little chilly as the wind blew against my bare body.

I got up and approached the pod, I put my hand on the glass as I look closely. The boy with wings and a tail who was my brother was submerged in clear liquid that I believed to be water or antiseptic, he has the same blonde hair as I have and he has freckles. As soon as I know it, the pod started to vibrate and I saw the antiseptic recedes and the glass that contains him opens up thus him to collapsed on me "oof!" I groaned. I don't know what I'll do if he wakes up.

A/n hey it's me, sorry for the hold up I was having trouble thinking of the chapter. So for my followers, here you go and enjoy!