Natasha Romanoff #2 pt 2

Natasha observed the coma patient in front of her. Her hair had grown quite a lot, and her skin had regained some color. The bullet wound on her forehead had faded a bit, but a scar had taken place on her fair skin. Her lips were slightly chapped from not having been used for a year and a half. All the substance she needed traveled through a tube connected to her, so Natasha figured her throat and lips must be dry. 'At least she's alive.' She thought somberly. The [H/C] haired girl's legs were thin, having lost their muscle from not being in motion. 'She will have to train a lot when she wakes up, but I guess it'll be good for her.' Her eyes traveled up to all the tubes connected to her stomach and arms, then made their way to the thin tubes that they had connected to her nose. The nose Natasha would kiss whenever [Y/N] was upset.

The S.H.I.E.L.D. agent stood up with a huff and made her way over to the window, leaning against the frame with her back turned to the frail body of her lover. She still couldn't bare to look at her properly. Natasha stared out into the early morning of New York, her eyes not really picking up all the activities below. She stared past all of it, being trapped in her thoughts of what might've been, what could've been. Before she even realized it, sobs shook her body and tears dripped from her eyes to her curled up fists. She wanted to scream, fall to her knees and wail for the girl that might just as well be dead. Natasha thought it would be better if she was, none of them would be suffering so much right now. It was a selfish thought, but she just couldn't see how [Y/N] would wake up from this. A bullet to the head and countless of inner damages. It was just not possible for her to wake up.

She turned her head slowly to glance at the hooked up girl, taking pictures of her features with her blood-shot eyes. The tears wouldn't stop, cause she knew today was the day she would have to tell the nurses to unplug her. People had known that much for weeks, maybe months. If it took her this long to wake up from the head trauma, there just wasn't any point. 'There hasn't been any changes at all.' A voice told her knowingly. 'She will be released from the pain she must be experiencing.'

Ignoring the voice, Natasha strode over to the bed and gripped the small hand between hers, kissing it many times before glancing up at [Y/N]'s face with pleading eyes. "If you can hear me, if you're really there, please tell me. I need to know." Nothing.

"Please, I don't want to lose you. It's been nearly two years and you haven't shown any signs of waking up. I can't lose you, I don't want to lose you." Natasha sobbed softly, bringing [Y/N]'s hand up to her lips and kissing it long and hard with her eyes shut tightly to stop the tears. She sniffled and tried her best not to cry any more than she already had.

Twitch.

Natasha froze, her eyes snapping open. Did she imagine it?

Another twitch.

She stood up and leaned over the girl, still holding her hand which was slightly curling and uncurling. "[Y/N]? Sweetheart?" Her voice was shaking, she spoke barely above a whisper, scared she might send the girl back into the depths she was climbing up from if she spoke to loudly. The beeping of the monitor skipped and beat harshly here and there, then slowed to a steady rythm, and the twitching of the hand ceased. Natasha's eyes fluttered from the girl's closed eyes to her hand which hung limply once again.

"No. No, no, no!" Natasha let go of [Y/N]'s hand and kicked the chair she previously sat in, letting out her emotions by wailing loudly. A nurse tried to enter after hearing the commotion, but Natasha only kicked the chair towards the door, scaring the nurse into leaving.

"Don't do this to me." She sobbed, kneeling by the girl's bed and crying into her arms. A doctor entered to check the commotion and the machines, but left shortly after seeing the crying agent. The redhead stood up and wiped her tears, looking over the frail body of the girl. She couldn't think straight. [Y/N] was so close, but so far away from her. Natasha knew what had to be done if this was the case, but she didn't like it one bit. However, if it was for [Y/N]'s own good, then she was willing to do it.

"I'm going to have them unplug you." She sobbed softly, turning her back and walking towards the door.

A loud gasp filled the room, followed by rapid beeping and rustling.

Natasha snapped around to see... [Y/N].

She was sitting up, glancing around rapidly with wide eyes and breathing heavily. The girl pulled off her breathing-aids, and let her eyes wander fearfully until they locked on Natasha, frozen by the door. [Y/N] tried speaking, her voice coming out in rasps of air and small sounds, she then cleared her throat and - 

"N-Nat?" That sent Natasha over the edge, as she scurried over with hurried steps. She gripped [Y/N]'s hand and let her tears flow freely. "Are you-? What-? How-?" Her voice was shaky and her hands trembled as well. [Y/N] breathed heavily and let her free hand find Natasha's cheek, running her thumb over her cheekbone gently.

"You're okay. You're alive." A smile bloomed over the frail girl's lips, tears stinging her already blood-shot [E/C] eyes.

"You almost died!" Natasha sobbed, leaning her forehead against [Y/N]'s. The latter girl closed her eyes as tears fell rapidly. The redhead studied the girl's face with unbelieving eyes, trying to find a sign of this being a dream. "I love you."

[Y/N] opened her eyes and closed the distance, kissing Natasha with passion, just as the doctors bursted in to check on the newly awakened girl.

~

Not really sure if this is good or not, but oh well I tried my best I suppose

~Anja