My Mate's Choice 19

Start from the beginning

"They started by trapping me and torturing me and I was stuck underground here for years. My powers as a vampire were taken back the moment I accepted Fiona in my life and my family threw me away too. But Fiona didn't appreciate those. One day, a small group of rogues that was led by Carlos found me and they were the one who freed me. And from then, I decided to join them especially when they agreed to help me destroy Fiona and her Alpha boyfriend which had become her husband."

"We attacked their pack and another pack came to help, which caused two of our men to die. Carlos unhappily wanted to attack the pack that had helped and we did. Over time, we gained more people like the people who we captured decided to become rogues like us or the ones with small groups and we found by in the woods."

"So you basically just go rogues and attack and captured people out of no reason?" I asked, interrupting him.

"I'm not done yet," Gabriel hissed. "Up till now, I still couldn't get over what Fiona and her husband did to me even though they died from our first attack, two years ago. I came back and found out that Fiona had a little girl with her husband and I ordered an attack to capture the girl."

I kept listening to him.

"That was all though. Then we went silence as right now, we're planning another attack. I was going to get my people to keep attacking until I'm satisfied. I found out that the same pack that had helped Fiona's pack was still helping and I wanted to declare war with them too. I sent my men and then you came, volunteering."

"I don't know why I'm telling you all of these but the reason why I did is because I am still wondering how can people, mates especially ignore and reject their own mates that were destined for them. It sure hurt like a bitch for me for Fiona to do all of these and now it makes me wonder how your piece of a mate could ignore you too and be happy with someone else."

"Shouldn't the bond be strong enough?" Gabriel asked, more likely to himself as he looked at me and I learned pain in his eyes.

"Gabriel, I really have no idea how they did it but I agree it hurts like a bitch. But Gabriel, I think what you have done is enough. Fiona is dead and you can't keep torturing her used to be pack. It is now led by someone else and they are different now. And the little girl you captured, shouldn't she be outside, learning? I know you're not a bad guy even though you're a vampire. You did all these because you wanted revenge and you're heartbroken. But on a brighter side Gabriel, you're now a vampire again and you could find love again."

"I don't know," he replied, "You were right but the decisions aren’t made by me alone. Carlos is all in it too."

I looked at him. I pitied him, a lot. We were about in the same boat but we're both handling the boat differently.

But one thing I learned from what he had told me was Fiona was the Luna of Brody's pack, Morning Shadow Pack and the little girl that Gabriel has captured, was Belle, Brody's little sister. And the pack which had helped the Morning Shadow, was mine - resulting their hatred towards us as well.

- End of Fashback -

I've met everyone who was in Gabriel's prison and surprisingly, they all were having a good time. As in, not literally a good time but at least they weren't being tortured like Matt.

Matt... I didn't tell him about Valerie and Calvin because I believed, Valerie was the reason why he was still holding onto his life and survived even though his wolf had given up on him. I wanted him to still be alive, not because I wanted Valerie to leave Calvin. But because I had a plan and he was the only one I could depend onto it.

I've met Belle, Brody's sister and she was indeed given the luxury in her prison room with toys. Belle was also accompanied by another young boy whom introduced himself as Jayden. Later, I found out from Matt that Jayden was Valerie's little brother.

The more I learned about the new information, the more I felt the need to carry on with my plan.

Calvin

"We cannot just sit here and train and practice and wait for them to attack first. We must have a group of search gear and find Beatrix first!" I screamed in the middle of the training break.

It's been a week and it was driving me crazy about this whole waiting-for-the-rogues-to-come-back. I couldn't eat or even sleep properly because I was worrying too much and even though I was worrying my parents and Sean about it, I couldn't care less.

At night, I always find myself tearing. The man side in me was long gone since Beatrix was captured. I really couldn't get the idea that maybe Beatrix left because she wanted Valerie and me to be happy.

And today was just another damn training and I was tired and upset and I just vent it all out, causing Alpha Eddie and my brother, Beta Sean to glare daggers at me.

"You don't just go screaming like that," Sean scolded.

"Yes Calvin, you don't," Alpha Eddie warned, "What else could we do huh? We don't have a slightest clue where they are and you must agree that we really could do nothing about it."

I didn't meant to be rude to the Alpha but this was regarding Beatrix, my mate that I didn't get the chance to show love to and I was all ready to do anything for her.

Rolling my eyes, I ran back into the pack house and to the living room. I collapsed on the coach and started pulling my hair like some insane dork. I felt the coach dipped and I quickly turned to look, and I wouldn't deny hoping that perhaps Beatrix was back.

But instead, it was The Luna.

"I understand how you're feeling Calvin. I know as a Luna, I must be firm and also at the same time follow the Alpha orders. But I'm letting you see this side of me because I also let Beatrix see this side of me. How you're acting now is almost the same as Beatrix a few days after her birthdays. I didn't know why at first but now I do because you were with Valerie. Beatrix was jealous and I'm sure she was now also still feeling as terrible as you are. I could do nothing much to help, but Calvin, be strong. Beatrix will need you to be strong and save her."

I listened to the Luna and I had threatening tears in the rim of my eyes. I wished, Beatrix reall­y needed me but I wouldn't know if I didn't go to save her. I didn't make much of a first move when I found Beatrix as my mate and now I will. I was going to find her and bring her back, whatever it takes.

- Sorry it's short but thank you for reading. -