3. The Legend of the Gobblewonker

Comenzar desde el principio

"Come on, this is gonna be great!" Mr. Pines encouraged. "I've never had fishing buddies before. The guys from the lodge won't go with me: they don't "like" or "trust" me."

"I think he actually wants to fish with us," Mabel whispered to Dipper and me.

"Hey, I know what'll cheer you sad sacks up," Mr. Pines said. He pulled something, or should I say, some things out from behind his back and plopped them onto our heads. "Pow!" We took them off and examined them. "Pines family and Dani fishing hats!" They were poorly made fishing hats with our names stitched on them, except Dipper's was spelled as 'Dippy' and mine was spelled as 'Danny'. "That—that's hand stitching, you know," Mr. Pines continued as the 'M' on Mabel's hat fell off. "It's just gonna be you, me, and those goofy hats on a boat for ten hours!"

"Ten hours?!" Dipper exclaimed.

"In water?!" I added.

"I brought the joke book!" Mr. Pines said excitedly, holding up a red book titled '1001 Yuk 'Em Ups'.

"No! NO!" Dipper screamed.

"There has to be a way out of this," Mabel whispered to us worriedly.

"Yeah, because there is no way I am staying in the water for ten hours," I said.

"What? You're afraid of the water?" Dipper asked with slight laughter. I didn't say anything, only looked down at my feet. I assumed Dipper noticed my expression since he exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, you are, aren't you?!" I nodded. "I am so sorry!"

I put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "No, it's okay, Dipper!" I assured. "You didn't know."

"Now I feel bad..." Dipper admitted with his head hanging low. I comfortingly patted his shoulder.

"I SEEN IT! I SEEN IT AGAIN!!" a familiar voice shouted. It was the town's local crazy man, Old Man McGucket. He ran up from the docks, crashing into and overturning various things as he ran. "The Gravity Falls Gobblewonker! Come quick before it scrabdoodles away!" he yelled and then started doing some weird dance.

"Awww... He's doing a happy jig!" Mabel cooed.

"NOOO! It's a jig of grave danger!" McGucket screamed in her face.

We quickly backed away from McGucket as Tate McGucket, the lake ranger, came up to him and sprayed him with a spray bottle, yelling, "Hey, hey! Now, what did I tell you about scaring my customers? This is your last warning, Dad!"

"But I got proof this time, by gummity!" McGucket exclaimed. The twins and I exchanged looks and followed McGucket to the docks, along with some other people at the lake. Once we got to the docks, I was immediately terrified since we were so close to the water. And without any hesitation, I clung to Dipper's arm in fear. I felt him tense up, but he didn't pull away. McGucket then pointed at his wrecked boat and said, "BEHOLD! It's the Gobble-dy-wonker what done did it! It had a long neck like a gee-raffe! And wrinkly skin like... like this gentleman right here!"

He pointed at Mr. Pines who wasn't paying attention as he picked at his ear. "Huh?" he questioned.

"It chawed my boat up to smitheroons, and shim-shammed over to Scuttlebutt Island!" McGucket continued, pointing to a dark, mysterious island across the lake. "YOU GOTTA BELIEVE ME!"

"Attention all units!" Sheriff Blubs announced from a police boat alongside Deputy Durland. "We got ourselves a crazy old man!" Everyone around us laughed and pointed at poor McGucket. Even his son shook his head in disappointment at him.

McGucket's face fell when he looked at everyone mocking him. Poor guy... He started walking off, his head hanging low in sadness as he mumbled, "Aww, donkey spittle! Aw, banjo polish!" Everyone else on the dock soon walked off as well.