Chapter 32- Wedding Planning {Pt 3}

Start from the beginning

After a couple of minutes, she removes the scanner and wipes the gel off my stomach. “How are things?” I ask. Wanting to know how it is.

“Everything is going excellent. Nothing unusual is happening and you’ve got a healthy growing foetus.” Once all the gel was wiped off, I sat up and adjusted my outfit. Luke and I walked out, where there is light, and Dr. Edwards asked a fellow colleague for a photo on her phone. I also passed her my phone, Instagram it.

Then Dr. Edwards gave us the big birthday card for her daughter. Luke signed first and then I did. It didn’t take long for everything to get paid and before I knew it we were at home. With the Wi-Fi at my place, I went straight on Instagram and posted the picture:

@nicole_is_a_penguin: Went for the first baby scan! Thank you to Dr. Edwards and Happy Birthday to your Daughter Emily. Happy Birthday Emily from Luke and i! And by the way, Luke was more nervous than me! Everything is going great and the growing baby is healthy! Can’t wait for a little Hemmings to be running around. @luke_is_a_penguin

“When do we get to find out the gender?” Luke asks from the living room. I come back from the kitchen and sit down next to him. Putting my feet up on the small coffee table.

“Around the fifth month. So a little while.” He throws his head back and groans.

“Why must pregnancy be such a lengthy process? Like, little baby please just come out already!! Daddy is impatient. Wait, let me talk to it!” I roll my eyes at Luke and lift my shirt up enough for him. He gets down on his knees in front of me and presses his lips on my stomach. “Hello little foetus. Daddy here. I just wanted to say that you are healthy! You are well! And daddy is being an impatient little person because he wants to see you. Mommy is being weird because she thinks I’m crazy but I still love her and we will raise you right. Even though we are young. But we will be the most awesome parents and everyone will be jealous.”

“Luke…don’t spoil our child too much.” I warned but couldn’t help and smile.

“Ssh, babe I’m talking to our baby. Sorry little child but your mother doesn’t really want me to spoil you but I will. Because I love you and will always love you. Talk to you soon.” He gives my stomach one last kiss and then gets up to cuddle with me on the couch. “So, we should make a bet. I bet you it’s going to be a boy.”

“It’s a 50-50 chance.” I pat Luke’s lap and get up from the couch and go up to my room to retrieve my laptop. I go back downstairs and join Luke on the couch again. I open the laptop and my twitter opens. “Should we let out an official tweet about me being pregnant?” Luke nods and watches me as I make a new tweet, the first tweet under the new twitter name:

@NicoleHemmings: Yes it is true, Luke and I are proud to announce that we will be having a little ‘Hemmings’ running around. Should have sent this before that pic!

“I like that.” Luke kisses my cheek and then gets up to make a call.

“Calling Michael? Ash? Cal? All three?”

“Yeah do you want to just chill out just you and I or with the gang?”

“The gang. Could use some gang hang.” Luke walks out and makes the call to Michael. Alerting him of the hang out that is now being held at my place. I heard him say that we could all talk about the wedding, just for fun because it is the most interesting subject there is within our group. Everyone was looking forward to it. Even Steven. At first he was hesitant about me being pregnant and now about the wedding but he chilled out and accepted us. Even telling us that the child better hang out with him at least once a week. Since he is the ‘proper’ uncle.