Chapter 13: Sin to Saint

Start from the beginning

“Oh my god Jesse, why can’t you be normal?  Your life is way too crazy,” she said with an exaggerated sigh.

“Trust me, I wish I was normal too.”

“In any case it sounds like this Lust chick, has some issues right now thanks to what you did for her.  It might have given you guys some kind of connection.”

“Probably.”

“Well look, it’ll take me a few hours to get all the materials ready to finish the weapon.  Why don’t you go lay down and rest.  I’ll come get you when I need your help.”

Jesse had decided to use the sword Lust made as a base for one that Rachel would make.  It was already powerful and was easy for him to use.  As well, it was a piece of Lust, his way of keeping her close to him at all times.  

He nodded and walked to the spare room she had set up for him.  It was nice and laying in the bed felt amazing.  Yet as he laid in it, he found himself wishing that someone was there with him.  Not just someone, Lust.  His heart raced at the thought of her sleeping next to him.  Her scent filled his nose and he swore he could feel the heat of her body next to his.  He found himself smiling as he envision laying next to her.  He close his eyes and enjoyed the feeling and thoughts.  When he opened them again, there she was.

He was standing at the foot of her bed, starring down at her.  She was starring at her blood stained hands, crying heavily.  It was obvious she had tried to wash it off, but it wasn’t.  She couldn’t stand the fact that she had blood on her hands, much worse it was Jesse’s.  Something about him made her go weak and the idea of him being hurt, hurt her.  She sobbed and buried her face in her hands.  Jesse inched around the bed and laid down next to her.  Before he knew what he was doing, he had wrapped his arms around her.  She didn’t even flinch, instead reaching up to grab his arms; not to pull them off, but to pull them closer.  Her fingers were clenched tightly on him and she was pushing herself against his body.  He held her tightly and laid his head on hers.

“Stop crying, it’s okay, I’m okay.”

She calmed slightly but refused to stop crying.  Instead, she rolled over and buried her face in his chest.  As if trying to escape the world.  Jesse was more than happy to bury his face in her hair and hold her tight.

“They’re going to kill you, they’re going to hunt you down.  I don’t want you to get hurt.  I just . . . I don’t want you to get hurt.”

Jesse could feel the guilt and sadness in her.  He knew he felt the same way about her, but he didn’t know why.  Something about him giving her his aura, must have done something to them.

“Look Lust, it’s going to be okay.  They won’t hurt me and they won’t kill me.  Everything’s going to be fine.  Now you should rest, you haven’t fully healed yet.”

Jesse loosened his grip on her only for her to press harder against him.

“Please don’t go ame soeur.  Please stay with me?”

He smiled and kissed the top of her head.

“Was that french?”

For the first time, Lust actually stopped crying.  She looked up at him with a small smile.

“I don’t know,” she whispered.

“Well think about it, and see if anyone around here knows.  Next time we see each other, I want to know what it means,” he said with a smile.

Lust got a huge smile and nodded happily.

“So there’s going to be a next time?”

“Of course.  And don’t worry, whenever you need me, I’ll be right next to you.”