excerpt

Excerpt

                THOUSANDS OF GIRLS stood in the arena, filling the vast room with their loud cries and squeals of utter enjoyment. From where I stood, in the sound booth, I could see everything from the girls, to the stage where Niall and his friends would be preforming in just a few minutes, and just about anything.

                This would be my first time attending a One Direction concert, and although I would have to watch it from the cramped room, it was better than nothing. At least I still got to see my boyfriend perform with his four best mates on stage.

             The DJ begins to play some music, and I sigh in awe as I see Niall rush onto the stage along with the four remaining boys of the band. For a split second, even though it was near invisible, he glanced up at us, sending me a wink. The simple gesture, although it was rather short, sent my heart into a frenzy, the organ fluttering like a butterfly's wings.

-:-

             The concert was over, and before I knew it, I was being pushed out of the sound booth, and being left alone until Niall came up here for me. He didn't want anyone else to know about me, so it was always secretive in our relationship.

             Staring down the corridor, I awaited my boyfriend. A minute passed, then another, until a grand total of fifteen minutes have passed with no signs of the Irish boy. Growing impatient, I stormed down the hall, leaving my spot.

              Although I did not know my way throughout the arena, I still made my way through it, in search of Niall. I took the stairs down to the second floor, where there were loads of girls lurking around. Mutely, I pushed my way through the dense sea of girls, ignoring all of their complaints.

                It took me awhile, but I finally found my boyfriend, standing in front of a black sheet with Harry, Zayn, Liam and Louis, you know, One Direction, that was backstage with a few fans standing in a line, and some besides the boy along with a photographer snapping a few pictures of the group. Oh, so this is what took him so long?

                       Anger bubbled in my veins at the sight of my boyfriend, whose lips were currently attached to some random chick's cheek, as they snapped a picture. Without a second thought, I stomped over to the scene, yanking Niall away from the girl as soon as the camera flashed.

                             "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I screamed at him. His eyes widened at the sight of me, before he quickly shook me off.

                               Remorse flashed in his ocean blue eyes before he replied with, "Um, I'm just doing my job. If you want a picture, please stand in line with all the others."

                                    My mouth gaped, and a gasped was released. My blood grew hot with anger, and sparing not another minute, my hand connected with Niall's pale cheek, leaving a red hand-print on the spot.  "Niall, are you seriously doing this right now? You are such a freaking douchebag, do you know that? I mean, I know how important it is for us to remain a secret but you could at least have given be a heads up that I'll be stuck in a freaking deserted hallway for fifteen minutes!" I shouted at him.

                                     By this time, I was being dragged away by two men dressed in black, probably security guards. During the time I was being pulled out of the arena, I wriggled like a worm and screamed profanities at Niall, who was standing frozen in his place, watching me go.

                                     I can't believe he is just standing there. After all we've been through, after all our ups and downs he's just going to just stand there, ignoring me like this, it broke my heart. His friends stood behind of him, watching me weirdly as I struggled to escape the grip held by the men.

                                     Somehow, I managed to escape the grip of the two men for awhile. During this time, I stared at Niall, my eyes gazing into his blue ones. "Fine, be this way. But if you can't be with me in public, you can't be with me at all."

                                        And just like that, I walked out of the room, and out of Niall's life.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

Author Note:

    That last line was so fucking cheesy, oh my god.

P.s. - I'll be updating this along with 'Regret' and 'Buzzcut Season'. :)