Your Hero

**Please Read**

(Trigger warning for anyone who is sensitive to abuse. this imagine contains physical and verbal abuse in a relationship between you and your boyfriend in the story. if you're easily triggered by abuse or offensive language then please skip this imagine. thank you)

2007: 

You and your boyfriend, James have been together for almost 4 years now. in the beginning of your relationship everything seemed like it was perfect. but things started to get rough after the second year. James was starting to be more aggressive and stayed out all night. It was 11:30. an hour later than when James said he would be home from the bar. "Hey, this is James. Leave a message." You had heard that 4 times now. he wasn't answering your calls. you didn't thing much of it since this became quite normal. you sighed and walked upstairs to go to bed. "He's fine." you thought as you climbed into your bed. you got woken up by the door slamming shut. you look at your clock and see it's a little past 2 am. you walk downstairs to see your drunken boyfriend flop on the couch. "What took you so long?" you asked he didn't say anything and turned on the TV. "James?" you repeated. "What Y/N? go to bed.." you were of course mad at his reply. you stood in front of the TV to get his attention. "You need to stop going out and coming home late! i go to bed alone every night and i'm sick of it." you stated. James got up from the couch and pushed you on the floor away from the TV. you grunted as you hit the hard wood. "GO UPSTAIRS!" he yelled. you had enough of his bullshit. you stood up and turned off the TV. "I'M TIRED OF THIS!" you replied. you could see the rage building up in him. "Seriously! you need to st-" you were cut off by him pushing you up against the wall, choking you. "YOU NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP!" he screamed. you clawed his wrist with your nails and he finally let go. you sat on the floor panting for a couple minutes before walking into the kitchen to answer the phone. "H-hello?" you whispered. "Hey, Y/N...is everything okay? i hear yelling." Corey said. you had been neighbors for a couple months now. "Oh..yeah. everything is okay. that was the TV." "Are you sure? it didn't sound like the TV to me.." He asked. you sighed. holding back tears. "Y-Yeah. i'm sure. thank you for asking though." you replied "Okay. well i was just making sure everything was okay." "It's okay, Corey. Thank you..Bye" you said. you hung up before he could say anything else. "James...we need to talk." you said as you walked back in the living room. "No. i'm not talking to you. go to bed." He growled. you were fed up with him and just wanted him out of your house. "No. You will talk to me. it's time we broke up." He looked up at you and grabbed your arm tightly. "Ouch..James let go! you're hurting me.." you cried. "You're not going anywhere." he said as he pulled you down to the floor. you started begging for him to let go but he still held on. you heard a knock at your door. James finally let go. "Answer it! and don't you say a fucking thing about what just happened." you slowly got up to answer the door. it was Corey. "Are you sure everything is alright?" he said "Yeah..of course" you replied as you whiped the tears away from your face. you could see that he obviously didn't believe you. "Can i come in for a sec?" he asked. "Uh..i'm pretty tir-" "Y/N..please" he whispered. you back at James who was staring angrily at you from the couch. "Maybe if i let him in he can help me..." you thought. you looked back at Corey and slowly opened the door. He walked in and looked over at James. He knew what was going on. "You're disgusting." He said to him. James got up to go try to fight him when Corey pulled out a gun. "Get back! Y/N call the police" he said. "Cor-" "Call!" you ran in the kitchen to call as Corey intimidated James. "Listen..this is none of your business, dude." James whispered "But it is. i'm not going to just sit back and watch you abuse someone. especially her. you don't deserve her!" Corey shouted. "She's a piece of shit. nobody else is gonna love her." James replied. "I do. you never loved her. all you wanted was a piece of ass. Y/N is way more than that.." You were listening to their conversation from the kitchen. you were surprised to hear the things Corey was saying. He had always been so nice to you but you never thought he would be into you like that. "I-i called. they're on the way." you said. After about 10 minutes of waiting that seemed like forever, the police finally showed up and arrested James. you and Corey walked up to your bedroom and sat on your bed. "Finally.." you sighed. "Are you okay?" He asked while pushing your hair out of your face. "Yeah...it's a relief. i was so sick of dealing with him. thank you, Corey." You replied. "If you need anything you know i'm here for you." He said. "I heard what you said to James..." you whispered. Corey looked at you confused for a moment. "When he said nobody was going to love me? you said you do.." you said. "Oh. I-i do." Corey replied. You looked up at him and he started to slowly lean in for a kiss. putting his hand softly on your cheek while looking at your lips. finally kissing you passionately. Corey spent the rest of the night at your house. holding you while you slept peacefully for the first time in years.