Chapter 1: Expect the Unexpected

Miami Beach, Florida

Adelina

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring Titanium throughout my room, I hit snooze hoping to get at least 5 more minutes of sleep in and that's when I realized what time it was. It was 7:40. I had 20 minutes to get ready and drive to school. I hurriedly got out of bed and got ready for the day. I grabbed my backpack and my keys and went and hopped into my Saturn Skye and drove myself to Winsor High School home of every stuck up, rich bitch and asshole that you could fit into one place. Yup that's my school.. And here I'm a total outcast, if it wasn't for my bestfriend, Graclynn Hope, I call her grace for short, then I wouldn't be able to survive high school.

It was Monday the worst day of the week, today Grace and I had U.S. History and Geometry together then lunch. Mmm my favorite class! I parked my Skye then fast walked into the front door of the high school and headed straight to my locker, scanning the hallways for Grace I finally spotted her leaning against my locker typing away on her iPhone. I run up to her,

"Hi Grace!" She glances up from her phone and a smile spreads across her face and she runs towards me as she shoves her phone into her back pocket.

"Adelina!!!" She practically screams into my ear as we're hugging. "You missed the most amazing thing!"

"I did?" I ask as I'm pulling away from her still smiling.

"Yes! Oh it was so awesome! Ethan came up to me and asked me if I wanted to go see a movie tonight and go out to eat after! I said yes! Oh isn't this exciting Adelina?!?" She was so happy she was jumping up and down and everyone was looking at her like she was crazy. After her words my heart felt as if it had just been stabbed with a butcher knife about 100 times. I've liked Ethan since 8th grade but I never told anyone not even her but I was happy for her and it wasn't her fault she didn't know that I liked him and wanted him to be mine but as her bestfriend I have to let her be happy.

"Adelina, did you hear what I said?!" She snapped me out of my thoughts and I hesitated to answer but I was finally able to swallow the lump in my throat, "Yeah, I'm so happy for you Grace! I hope you have a wonderful time tonight you deserve it!" I didn't completely lie she did deserve it, this past year has been hard, her mother left her and her father without any warning or even a goodbye, Grace is still heartbroken about it and still cries herself to sleep every night but she's strong. And I'm really glad that she's going out tonight with him, deep down I'm not but she's my bestfriend so I'm going to let her be happy.

Just then the bell rang signaling us that our first class would be starting and that meant 45 minutes of listening to Mr. Alfred talk about World War II.. Bore.. I hate history but Grace seems to be fascinated by it I don't know if it was the fact that Ethan sits on the other side of her or that she just really liked to learn about the past events. I really hope that it was the class she liked and not Ethan.

Author's note:

I hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter!! I think this is going to be a good book!

Remember to comment!!