The News

"I don't think I will be able to attend school next year", I say as I hang my head low, not even looking at my friends questioning faces.

"But you're on a scholarship, Iz, and we know you can!", Maddi says assuringly as her hands hold mine. I look at them both, seeing concern fill their eyes.

"Yeah Iz, you can just borrow money from us! On a loan of course.. you know what.. just keep it", Andi says, pulling her wallet out of her purse to get some extra cash that she had. She handed it to me but I shook my head and handed it back to her.

"Girls, its okay. We all know that I'm studying here at NCU because of my scholarship. I don't have anything. Not like the both of you", I say with a sigh.

Andi and Maddi we born into wealthy familys. The richest of them all. So they have money and they have their dream cars and everything they could ever want just handed to them without a care in the world.

"You have us! There's nothing to worry about." Maddi got up from her seat and sat next to me and put her arm around my shoulder. If I didn't have them as best friends, I don't know what I would do.

"Awe, what's wrong wittle girls?"

Just the sound of his voice makes me wanna punch him in the face.

"It's none of your business, idiot", Maddi answered back while going back to her seat. I just stayed in my seat hoping if I thought hard enough they would all just disappear. I have way too many of my own problems without them trying to butt into my life.

"Hey Izzy!", I smiled at Devin as he greeted me. He's the only decent person in that group of boys. The other three were as arrogant as they come.

So its like this, there are five guys in that group. Devin is the nicest one. Zack and Jeffery are the cool ones... if that's what you want to call them.. Justin is only there to get girls, and then there's Vincent. I'm not gonna talk about him.

"So why exactly are you bothering us?", Maddie asked the boys in the nicest tone she could.

"Well first off, my girlfriend is here, so please just shut up!", Jeffery said as he made is way over to Andi. Yeah.. their together.. I don't now what the heck she sees in him but whatever. No matter what we say she loves him to death.

"I'm gonna go and spare myself the dignity of having to watch yall's PDA display, are you coming Maddi?" 

"Nope, unfortunately I have to finish this project all by myself, because stupid over there doesn't wanna help!", She muttered some words under her breath while glaring over at Justin.

"Excuse me?!"

I had no interest in listening to them bicker all day long so I left the cafeteria.

I still had a few minutes before my next class so I headed to my locker to put some books in there just so I don't have to carry them around all day. While I'm walking, I notice there are still some people in the hallway so its not completely silent but better than usual.

I put my things in my locker just as my phone starts to ring. I fumble around trying to put my stuff in my locker and answer my phone before it stops ringing. Unfortunately I am unsuccessful. After I fix all the stuff I just tried to shove in my locker I check my lock screen to see who called. Great, it was my boss. Just great.

A few minutes later as I'm walking down the hall, I get a text message from my boss, thinking nothing of it I open it a read it. As I start to read it I stop in my tracks.

Imessage from: Addison Shepard (Boss Lady)

No need to come into work today. Effective immediately, your fired. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We know you need the money but we are just not getting enough of the funds from the store that we need. Because of this, we need to let some people go. Again so sorry.