→ four | colors

four | "god, even as an animal, he won't shut up."

MAE EDEN immediately shielded her ears with her hands

MAE EDEN immediately shielded her ears with her hands. The shrill sounds of students all around were already starting to give her a headache, and they'd only just started. "He's a cheat! He's not even seventeen, yet!" Draco yelled loudly from beside her. Mae flinched at the sudden eruption of sound and gave him a glare to scold him, though he didn't seem to care and simply shot her a smirk.

Mae ignored his attempt at teasing and looked away from the boy, focusing her attention back on the commotion going on in front of them. Dumbledore stepped forward, and Mae saw him grab Harry by the shoulder. The chosen one looked panicked before he was quickly dragged to the back, the other champions followed them unwillingly; they didn't want to see Dumbledore explode at Harry, though they were required to follow him.

The brunette shook her head when she watched all of them disappear. "What just happened?" She mumbled in disbelief. She frowned and pinched the bridge of her nose before she looked to her right, at Draco. "How did he get his name in there?"

Draco scoffed. "Got one of the older students to do it for him, I bet." He looked at Mae, seeing a troublesome and disappointed expression on her features. He ignored it for now and continued his rant. "All eyes are on Harry Potter once again. As if the tosser didn't have enough fans as it is."

The girl next to him hummed in acknowledgement, not fully there. The uproar of screams only started getting louder and the students didn't seem to have any intention on quieting down soon. Mae rubbed her forehead, trying to get rid of the ache. "Silence." Severus Snape interrupted the crowd, and Mae mentally thanked him for it. "All prefects will take their houses to their dorms. Your questions will be answered tomorrow morning."

She stayed on the bench for a bit longer, her head between her hands while she tried to pull herself together. "You plan on leaving any time soon or what?" A voice spoke out.

Mae looked up at Draco and groaned softly. "Please, shut up for a few seconds, Malfoy. I can't deal with you right now." She sighed. She took a deep breath and stood up from the bench, trailing behind the group of students that were now leaving the room. She could hear him following her.

The both of them walked back towards the Slytherin common room, and most students were seen scurrying up the stairs and back towards their dorms; though, Mae threw herself on the first chair she could find. She placed both her elbows on the table, her head back in her hands. The scraping of another chair was heard and she looked up briefly, facing Draco who took place in front of her.

"What's going on with you?" He asked, purposely lacing his voice with a bit of annoyance. He couldn't let anyone know he cared; he had a reputation to uphold.

Mae didn't answer him for a few seconds, rubbing her temple to try and sooth the pain. It didn't work. "Nothing. I just, I don't like loud noises." She told him, looking into his eyes. She nodded towards one of the cupboards around the common room. "Could you get me some pain killers? Second drawer from the bottom."