But now he’s out and Maz is next

          And let me just say…there’s no way you’ll get out of this mess.

  -Red

                  P.S. Remember…you were too late to save him.”

My heart dropped.

All the memories of Lexi came flooding back to me. I couldn’t believe it…she’s back. But…what did she mean about farewells?

I heard the door close shut. My body froze when I realized what her note meant…something bad is going to happen to Matthew!

*bang* *bang* *bang*

I heard three gunshots go off outside.

MATTHEW! I cried.

I ran outside to find a small crowd of people circle around a person’s blood-covered body. Once I knew who it was, I was afraid to get close to them.

I walked slowly and closer to them; each step making my heart race to a faster speed.

“M-M-Marceline…” he forced out.

No…no…I silently cried.

Matthew…no…my voice cracked.

“I’m sorry Marceline” he choked.

 “Someone call a FUCKING AMBULANCE!!”

Matthew you did nothing wrong, okay I whispered.

I checked his body to see where exactly he was shot. I heard three shots so I was expecting three wounds.

Bam…

I found ‘em. One in his left shoulder, another in his lower back and one near his heart.

I was afraid. I was afraid. I was afraid.

This all reminded me of what happened back in N.Y. The day I couldn’t save my friend the day he was shot. I tried to help him; I tried to take the bullet shells out of his body but by the time I did- he died.

I can’t do the same to Matthew. I can only hold his hand.  

I held his hand tightly and pulled his body closer to me with his head laid gently on my lap. Covered in his blood, I could care less about how much of a mess I looked; I was losing my friend. My first best-friend ever and the worst part is, is that once things were getting better- things took a turn for the worst. 

In a split second I had everything.

In a split second it was all taken away from me.

“M-Marceline” he gasped.

I’m here for you Matthew- just like I promised. I wept.

“If I die today-”

SHUT UP!! DON’T SAY THAT! YOU’RE GONNA LIVE AND EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE!!”

“I will always love you” he managed to say.

I nodded. Please don’t leave me Matthew; I want you to be alive. You’re too young Matthew.

“We c-can’t live in peace as long as Lexi’s out here” he coughed.

I can’t take her out alone. I need you to be here with me, do you understand.

His eyes kept closing.

Matthew, don’t close your eyes please. I’m begging you!

“Y-you h-have to g-get out of h-here while you’re s-still safe”