My Lost Soldier

Marceline’s P O V

“Hey Marceline” I turned to see who it was.

Oh my God…Matthew? What the hell happened to you?!

“I got completely wasted and I just- look please hear me out okay?” he pleaded.

Shit. It’s gonna be a long day…

“Look, I’m sorry I acted like that last night. But I just wanted to-”

Matthew don’t do this again, please. I whined.

“Marceline, hear me out!” he shook me.

Matthew stop- I don’t want to hear it!

“I came here to thank you for everything!” he shouted

There was a long silence between us.

W-wha-

“Thank you, for everything Marceline. You truly opened my eyes to my problems. You were right, I guess I was obsessed with you and that wasn’t healthy; I have to love you for you spiritually and emotionally and not in a fanatical manner. I’m truly sorry for everything I’ve put you through; please forgive me?”

Of course Matthew, you don’t know how much I love you as a brother. I pulled him into a hug.

He laughed into the hug, “Thank you so much Marceline, I love you too girl” he tightened the hug.

“Well Marcey, I’ll be on my way now; I gotta pack my things” he frowned.

Don’t tell me . . .

“Yea, I’m going back to New York. There’s nothing here for me Marceline. This was your dream, I was just obsessed with you that I’ll go to space if you decided to fly there. I have to straighten my priorities and London just isn’t doing it for me”

I understand Matthew, I wouldn’t want to hold you back from anything. Just promise me that you’ll take good care of yourself and don’t run into trouble please. If you ever need me, for anything, I’m only a phone call away…for now that is.

“I’ll most definitely keep in contact with you Mars. The day I don’t call, I’m in trouble” he said jokingly.

And I hope that day never comes.

“I’ll see you around?” he winked.

Most definitely, I winked.

Matthew was on his way out of the gallery and as I looked down, I saw a small note in my tool-box. It read:

          “Marceline my dear, your time has come,

           It is now time for me to begin my fun.

           I won’t hurt you first but definitely last,

          For we still have some unfinished business from the past.

          You may have forgotten about me

          But my dear, you are not yet set free.

          Today, I’ll try to take two out of three

          And if I win I’ll take you with me.

          Since my plans have gone so swell

          Like how you two said your farewells.