Chapter 5

The Date:

Budo was stationed in the village again that day when he saw her again. The thief who had already stolen his heart even though they had only seen each other once or twice. He couldn't help how he felt for her. He stood exactly where he was stationed until he saw her sprint past him. It was clear she had stolen something again.
"Stop thief!" He shouted as he began to give chase. Osoro looked back and smirked before she continued running. He didn't give up, even as his armour began to weigh him down. Luck was on his side, however, and he cornered her in an alleyway. She had a small smirk on her face.
"Heh... looks like I'm trapped, and it's just us." She laughed a little, stepping closer to Budo. He couldn't take his eyes from the thief. She could tell. "Well. How would you feel about a date tonight?" He was rendered speechless by her question. She smiled and continued. "8pm, just outside the palace walls, whistle loudly so I know it's you." He couldn't speak, instead nodding his head. It was a relief to him that she couldn't see the blush on his face from behind the helmet. "Great. See you then." She smirked and began to climb the wall. He just watched her, allowing her to escape so they could meet that night.

That night, Budo went out to the location he and Osoro had agreed to meet. He was now wearing his casual clothing instead of his heavy knights armour. He looked around, not seeing Osoro. He made one piercing whistle, knowing that's what he and Osoro had agreed on. After a few minutes, Osoro came out of her hiding spot in the trees wearing a black hooded cloak over her clothes to mask the blush on her face. He smiled and he'd put the dandelion he had picked just for her.
"For you. It reminded me of your hair, golden and soft and fluffy." He told her. Her hood thankfully covered the bright red blush on her face as she took the flower from him and tied it into her cloak. He was also blushing a little. There was a moment of silence before either of them spoke again. "May I remove your cloak hood, Osoro?" He asked.
"If you must." She said coldly, folding her arms. She was embarrassed about the blush she knew was on her face, but she didn't let it show. He smiled a little as he pulled down the hood, revealing her scruffy blonde hair and scarred face.
"Wow..." He still thought she was beautiful. He was still blushing. "You're really pretty." He told her with a smile on his face. Her own blush deepened, she'd never been called pretty before. They continued talking all night, leaving only at Budo's curfew set by the king. He didn't care for it, but he had to follow orders. He gave her a cheeky kiss on the cheek before he left, making her leave as a blushing mess.

Sakyu stood outside the king's study waiting for Oka. She had been summoned for a meeting with her father the king. She had been in the study for a while now, and Sakyu had been waiting loyally for her the whole time. She came out of the study and closed the door behind her with an expressionless face. The minute the door was closed, her shoulders slumped and frowned.
"Are you alright, princess?" Sakyu asked with genuine concern. She nodded her head as she began to walk away from the study. Sakyu obediently followed her. She remained silent as she walked, and Sakyu did the same. She reached her room, collapsing defeatedly on her bed. Sakyu stood near her, concerned. "Are you sure you're alright, your highness?" Oka looked up at her, and Sakyu could see she was about to cry.
"No... I'm not alright." She admitted with a frown. She sat up and patted the space beside her, inviting Sakyu to sit. She complied with her princess' request. "My father had arranged a formal ball of Saturday night, insisting I spend more time with Prince Shin. I really don't want to, but I know he wouldn't care how I feel." She made a small sigh, looking down at her hands, which were rested on her lap. They remained still and silent for a minute until Oka spoke again. "May I request a favour, knight Basu?"
"Of course, your highness. What is it?" She asked almost immediately. She smiled for a moment before looking up at Sakyu.
"May I have a hug please?" She asked. Sakyu was extremely surprised. Her armour really wasn't good for hugs. She had a small smile on her face which was hidden by the helmet. She had wanted to give her princess a hug and make her feel better since she'd first shown she wasn't happy.
"Of course, your highness." She said, opening her arms to her. A small smile appeared on Oka's face as she hugged Sakyu. Her arms didn't go the whole way around her chest plate. Sakyu held the small royal close to her, comforting her in the best hug she could with her armour on. They stayed like that for a good 5 minutes in silence, just enjoying the hug. It was comforting for Oka, she hadn't been hugged in years as her parents hadn't and neither had any of the palace staff.
"Thank you." Oka said softly as she pulled away. Sakyu let her go, standing up again. She nodded her head once, giving Oka a friendly smile. The royal returned the smile.
"You're welcome, your highness." She said to her. Oka sighed and stood up, looking Sakyu in the eye.
"Please, call me Oka from now on." She told her with a small smile. Sakyu was honoured by the princess's request. It meant that she trusted and respected her.
"Of course, your hi- I mean Oka." She corrected herself, making the princess giggle again. Sakyu loved the sound of Oka's laughter. The small princess began to head out of the room, and beckoned her knight to follow her. She knew she had to go into the town to choose a dress for the ball she didn't want to attend, but she wasn't allowed to go by herself. She knew Sakyu would keep her safe.