17 ➣ done with you

millie
i sat staring out the door. i can't even control my own words, let alone my actions.

"SADIE!" i yelled after her. she turned around for a second and twinkle of hope filled me.

"millie," she calmly said.

"i'm done with you. and your bullshit." she finished, coldly, "you have no place here."

she walked away, and i sat next to the dead body. "it wasn't my fault," i muttered. "it was his."

sadie
i turned back, but quickly hesitated. who needs someone that killed your best friend? first love or not, turning around isn't an option.

my phone buzzed numerous times. "just ignore it." i told myself.

the buzzing wouldn't stop, so i opened the phone. seven missed calls from millie. i swiped, bringing up the call screen.

"oh my god," millie breathed heavily. of course, i was buying nothing here. "you must believe me! it wasn't my fault!"

"then whose was it? if you say noah... i swear to fucking god millie." i clenched my teeth, and the line disconnected.

i slammed my phone to the dirt and stepped on it. i'm sure it didn't break, but you could never be positive.

"stop," a voice called. "it was noah. i don't care if you don't believe me." she said.

"millie, i-"

"yeah. you loved me. remember? there's an ed at the end." millie said, turning back. "i still love you."

"h-how?"

"how what?" she spat, coldly.

"how was it noah? what did he do?"

"he told me he would hurt you. and i couldn't risk that."