-Kimi

I couldn't help, but smile. Kimi was corny as hell. Though she was smart, she had a hard time expressing herself, especially when It came to how she felt. She had spent a lot of time front with me because honestly, I did mess around with a lot of girls, and she was "testing" the waters.

I could understand why she was so busy walking on eggshells with her feelings about me.

I guess what made Kayla, and Olivia kind of shrug it off was because I seemed genuinely happy with Kimi.  They just told me to be careful, and to stay protect.

I told them I was being more than safe. Shit I was pretty much abstinent.

Kimi wanted to wait till our one year anniversary to have sex again. I respect her decision to wait. The most we done was kiss, and talk to each other. Over the past six months. I got to see a different kind of Kimi.

She was stuck on making me happy. She brought me a cupcake to school after our one month. The whole month all we did was argue. I was about to break up with her as the month was about to end, so I had sex with Monae.

We fucked three times, and I decided I was done with the relationship. She had been acussing me of being with Monae anyway, so fuck it I got with her. I waited till the morning, and Kimi came walking up looking cute,  holding this strawberry cupcake with both hands.

She handed it to me, and she kissed me. "I just wanna move on, I promise I can make you happy. It your favorite scent -- strawberry." I looked at Kimi wanting to break up for another reason now.

I had fucked Monae.

I ended up telling her a month later, and she was hurt, but she had eventually forgiven me, and I had been faithful to her ever since than.

Monae on the other hand was pissed, she felt used, and I apologized, but I knew I was wrong, and sorry wasn't gonna fix it, but at the moment I saw something with Kimi.

      Time with us started to fly by when Kimi's Mom found out. She was pissed, but Kimi went off. "Mom, you don't even know Shawn like I know him. He's educated, he's sweet, and he's respectful, and I'm growing up Mom I'm about to be 17. If it's a mistake than let me make it.

                                 Kimi never let anyone cross me, so I did that same for her.

At one point Monae tried to break us up. I guess I could understand why. She felt like I had used her. I still felt like she was foul for it though. She kept telling Kimi we had fucked around again, and she was pregnat. 

Monae did end up being pregnant oddly enough, and I did have sex with her months ago, but I knew it wasn't by me.

Had she really gotten pregnant to get us to break up? Than she kept tryna convince me that it was mine.

Later on I found out that her and some dude named Corey had been fucking around. I didn't know who Corey was to her, but she needed to go ahead, and be happy with him, and stop tryna get back with me.

I don't know why Kimi believed me, but she did.

Kimi dogged Monae out for that. "You remember that." was all Monae said. Kimi just rolled her eyes at her.

                "I love you." I finally told her after we had sex for the first time in a year. Kimi told me she had been wanting to me tell me that for the longest time, but she was afraid to.

The months followed with Kimi getting pregnant, bur I didn't care --with her I was ready for everything. She was ambitious about everything. Kimi had her own way off being sweet. If you really became somebody she cared about she would it be known.

                                   I started putting money away for the baby as soon as I found out.

                                                                [ Kimi ]

"Please. Dont. " I was trembling, as I was face to face with Monae. "Please." I whimpered as I felt her press the gun against my pregnant stomach. Monae smiled sickengly at me. "Turn around. I'd never kill a child."

I thought about Shawn.

I thought about my baby.

I thought about my Mom.

I cried hard, praying, I asked GOD to take care of Shawn, and the baby.

"Monae tell Shawn that-" I wasn't able to tell her the rest because as quickly as I felt the pain of the bullet it was gone, and the earth around me faded.

                                                                [Shawn]

My eyes clouded with tear's "WHAT!" I screamed into my phone listen to Kayla cry while she was trying to get her sentences together.

"WHAT!"

I screamed even louder. "Kimi was shot Shawn, we don't know by who." My heart stopped. I was getting ready to leave from work. I told Kimi I wouuld get the stuff for her stomach, why did she leave her house? I pissed off at Kimi for leaving her house.

The boss called after me as I ripped outside towards the hospital in my car.

I didn't hear anybody as I raced up the steps to room 301. I busted into Kimi's room to see her laying lifelessly in bed. Her Mom sat on one side, and my sister's sat on the other. I ran over to Kimi shaking her harshly.

"KIMI WAKE UP! STOP PLAYING! WAKE UP! I FUCKING TOLD YOU I WOULD GET WHAT YOU NEEDED! WHY ARE YOU SO DAMN HARDHEADED!" I screamed at her beautiful sleeping face til I  felt Kayla, and Olivia grab me.

I started crying while screaming for her to wake up. I swear I would do anything for her to talk to me again.

                                         I didn't even get to tell her that I loved her.

-------------------------------------------------