Awakening

May 23rd, 20XX

It was such a nice day, I'm not sure how it turned so bizarre in one second. Ops I'm not making sense, let me start from when when I got to school....

I had just got to school, five minutes before the first bell rang. I'm usually on the edge when it comes up to being almost late. I'm always distracted by the littlest things. Birds, cats, things I think I see in the corner in my eye, or sleeping in. I always have a dream that I can never remember when I wake up but it always makes me feel a certain way when for the rest of the day. It's been like this for a while and I don't know why. But today was especially...strong.

I saw a crystal. It was blurry so I couldn't tell it was, so I try to get closer but I never get close enough to make out what it is. I kept reaching out to it, but no matter how much I tried it never worked. I felt like I needed it, like it was calling me to grab it. Eventually I almost got it but that's when I woke up. My hand was in my air in the same form my hand was in my dream. I was in a daze until I realized it was later then usual and rushed out of the house.

Then it didn't help that I got distracted, but it was different then usual. I usually see a crow on someone's fire escape and stare at it a bit trying to figure out why it just stays there everyday, but today it flew closer to me, making direct eye contact with me. After a few minutes I started to walk again but it was a less then a block when I saw a black cat with huge green eyes. I've never seen this cat around here before so I was interested. It's eyes were luring me in some way. I felt like it wanted to say something to me, but before I could say anything to it I saw a clock in the corner of my eye and saw it was almost time for school to start and I dashed off, never looking back.

As you can see I'm a scatter brain, but I swear I'm normal girl, at least I think. I get good grades and I socialize with a good amount of people. I know that doesn't prove anything but to me that's normal. Anyway back to the story.

I was so lucky that my first class was on the first floor, which is Gym. I jogged to the girls locker room and waved to my teacher who rolled her eyes as she started to erase that I was absent to late. My teacher always assumes I'll be late since, even though I am in school in time, I take my time to change in the locker room, and her rule is if you're not in the gym by the second by you're late

"Take your seat Lucy." My teacher said while not looking up from the attendance paper.

"Yes ma'am." I responded while saluting at her. I plotted down on to my seat and took out my phone. Now you would think, surely I would have some kind of friend, but I don't. And it's not like I'm one those people that say they don't have friends when really they have some and only start calling them friends until the person falls in love or their about to die. No I genuinely have no friends whatsoever.

I don't like talking to people that much to honest. Society is such a bore and they make you think you have to do what others or stand out if you're different. That doesn't interest me in the slightly, it's all the same over and over and quiet honestly who would want a live a life where it's either you know what you're doing, don't know what you're doing or just follow the rules. I've felt this way since middle school.

Don't get me wrong I've tried to do things to make life more fun but people either couldn't keep up, thought it was too much, or just it was plain weird. I gave up in my freshmen year of school and decided to keep to myself. But even if I didn't keep to myself it would ended up that way since people think I'm weird for not having a last name.

It's always just been Lucy. I was adopted my parents when I was 5 and they always just told me they didn't want to give me a last name, and when I get older I can decide if I want their last name or not. At first I thought they were embrassed by me but after a while I started to like it, I mean what kid has no last name? It's so cool and mysterious, I never want that to changed, not even for marriage. Whenever I told people that they would give me weird looks and just back away or make me want to change. If they knew how I felt about it they wouldn't want to change it either.

Things like that made me an outcast, but I was never bullied so I was lucky for that. It's weird thought, when I'm around most people I am quiet and stay away, but if a teacher or higher up talks to me I'm all cheery. It's not like I'm being fake, but I just feel like that's how I should respond, ya know?

Anyway as I was waiting for my teacher to finish attendance, I felt a familiar yet soothing atmosphere creeping into the gym. I tried to ignore it until the teacher spoke up, making the whole class look up. "Listen up!" She yelled. "We have a new transfer student, make him feel at home here, okay? His name is..." She stops to look at the attendance sheet again to make sure if she was going to say the name right. My heart tighten as I looked at him, and not in a good way either. I wasn't even looking at his face, I was looking at his necklace, more importantly his crystal. That's the Crystal in my dream, it's as clear day, there's no mistaking of it. My head started to pound as I thought that.

"What is it doing here...?" I mumbled "It's shouldn't be here..." Wait, why do I know that? Why shouldn't it be here? I slowly looked up to his eyes, and he was staring right me. I didn't know why but I felt something starting to over come my mind slowly. That's when I said mumbled on more thing, but even I don't remember what I said, all I remember is that I fainted afterwards.