chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

**14 years later**

Today was the day.

The day I got my beautiful babies Luna and Leda.

I had been looking at their profiles and filling out paperwork just for this day. When angel took me into her family, they accepted me and eventually, everyone else did too. But, if it wasn't for their love and support I would have been tossed aside. No one would have given me the chance to show them who I am, because honestly I didn't know myself.

I was still an outsider; I mean what did you expect when you are only half like the rest of your pack? But they respected that I was a better fighter than them, stronger, faster, and I discovered that if I wished, I could control others emotions. Nobody knows that except for Alpha Mason, Angel, and Madi. They kept my secret to protect me. The pack is okay with my race but, that doesn't mean if they found out about my 'special power' they wouldn't freak out.

I saw the adorable girls skip out of the adoption center ready to go to my new house. I couldn't have them live at the pack house, because they didn't know about werewolves...or my secret.

Seeing them again reminded me of when I first met them. I was just having a normal conversation with Madi when she told me she was looking to adopt kids and found a center close by, they weren't wolf pups, but it was still a good option. So I took a look and I found Luna and Leda's profiles. I instantly knew I wanted them and fell in love.

I talked to them a couple of times already and they seem pretty excited to be leaving, I knew I was excited to finally be living on my own and getting to spend every second of everyday caring for these amazing and beautiful girls.

"Hey mommy" Leda said cheerfully to me as they skipped up to my car snapping me out of my thoughts. "Hey girls. You ready to go?" I asked them looking to make sure they got everything they need. I did not plan to have to go back to this center. I got these girls and I'm not giving them up.

"Yep we got everything" Luna said less cheerfully than Leda had. "What's the matter Luna?" I asked her crouching down so I could look her in the eye. "I'm just going to miss everyone....I already gave them all hugs and said goodbye, but I will still miss them" Luna said, her eyes watering. I can tell she's about to burst into tears. I admired that she loved everyone so much that she will miss them this badly but, I knew I needed to cheer her up.

"Hey, how about we pack these bags into the car and get some ice cream?" I asked looking at both of them hoping that I can get their approval on this. "YESSSS!!!!!" they both screamed at me with excited faces. Phew ice cream is a life saver.

We loaded up their bags into the trunk of my red, convertible mustang. It was a 16th birthday gift from Angel. Then we got on our way to the a ice cream shop I would go with Angel and Madi as a child, when I still couldn't stand to be around so many people that didn't accept me.

We pulled up and I helped the girls get out of my car. We walked inside after I locked my car and I got a chocolate cone, a vanilla cone, and a mint chocolate cone. I handed Luna her vanilla cone and Leda her mint chocolate cone.

When we finish with our cones and the mood was all super happy and cheery due to the sugar high, I drove us to my new house.

It wasn't as big as the pack house but it doesn't need to fit as many people either. It was very modern, different from the woodsy feel of the pack house. It had an amazing back yard that stretched for acres. I could already see myself running through those woods; feel the wind through my hair as I pick up my pace. I could already hear the animals call to me to join them in their fun.