Chapter Forty Four

Thank you so much to ReneSolomon Kayla-Jan , @Jessie160802 , RachelBaker976 for your unprompted votes and comments last chapter 😀 I love to see your feedback! 😍
Thank you so much to Jesse40 for your comment and to @Southerngal14 for your vote 😍

🐎 Bailey 🐎

Friday.
My scheduled day off school, giving me a regular three day weekend.
The house was only quietly abuzz with activity, with the kids already being off to school and Mum and Grandma pottering around cleaning.
I could hear the vacuum hard at work in the lounge room.
Jaxon had taken the kids into school for Mum this morning, much to their absolute delight, giving her a rare break from the noisy task.
They were set for their regular weekend with Paul, which meant Mum and Jaxon would get some alone time.
"Let's go."
Blayze remarked as he stepped into the kitchen, from the direction of the dining room and the rest of the house.
Really I had no idea where he'd been.
Probably talking with Grandpa and maybe even Uncle Lukas if he was still inside.
"Where are we going?"
I asked, setting my cup of tea down onto the kitchen bench as Blayze crossed the kitchen towards the other archway.
"Out."
Blayze explained before he disappeared from my view.
Out?
What the hell is he on about?
He was dressed in a black and white Bullzye t-shirt, a pair of dark wash jeans and light brown boots, but that was hardly an indicator, because it was the standard dress code around here.
"Blayze?"
I questioned, following him out of the main house's kitchen.
I stepped through the doorway and found him waiting for me in the short hallway, by the back door, both of our hat's hanging from his hands.
"What's going on?"
I asked, completely confused.
We hadn't discussed anything about an outing!
"It's a nice day out."
He explained.
"Might as well make the most of it."
Oh.
"Where are we going?"
I questioned, my curiosity piqued.
"You'll see."
He declared and turned around to push the screen door open.
What's with his sudden secrecy?
It's very uncharacteristic...
Zuke crowded our legs as soon as we stepped out of the house, overjoyed at the chance to have some human interaction.
Azlan and Zeus had learned better manners, dancing eagerly, but remaining at a distance, hoping to cop a pat.
"Let's go."
Blayze urged the dogs.
Azlan wheeled on his haunches and raced down to the garden gate, keen as mustard for whatever we were about to be doing.
Zuke bolted after him and Zeus brought up the rear, almost plowing into the other two dogs when he tried to activate his brakes at the gate.
"The dogs are coming?"
I asked, making my way more slowly down the path.
"Why wouldn't they?"
Blayze questioned.
"Maybe I'd be able to answer that if you'd tell me what we're doing!"
I exclaimed.
As much as I love a surprise, this was beginning to frustrate me because I had absolutely no clue what he was up to.
Blayze opened the yard gate and the dogs sprinted through, Azlan making it through first with a low warning growl at the pushy Zuke and Zeus.
Blayze nodded for me to go through the gateway too.
"How 'bout ya quit your whingeing and climb in the Ute?"
The Ute?
I thought he said we're enjoying the outside world?
Only as I stepped through the gateway did I realise that it didn't make its usual squeaky groan as he'd opened it.
"I wonder who put oil on that gate finally?"
I mused, eyeing the hinges.
"That would be me."
Blayze stated, letting the gate close with a metallic clang.
I shot him a smile.
"I'm glad. That noise was beginning to drive me nuts, but I always forgot to mention it."
Or get a can of oil myself...
"Well it's stopped now."
He remarked and headed for his parked up Ute, slapping my hat onto my head as he passed.
"Did you use double u D forty?"
I asked, trailing him towards the jacked up vehicle and adjusting my hat more properly on my head.
He shot a glance at me over his shoulder, his deep blue-green eyes shining.
"Course."
I couldn't help but laugh.
WD40 is some awesome shit that's for sure.
I swear that, duct tape and bailing twine can fix just about anything!
Only as we approached the Ute did I realise that there were long, rather thin, familiar poles hanging over the roof, from the direction of the tray.
"We're going fishing?!"
I asked, excitement lighting in my veins.
It's been ages since I've been fishing!
"Unless ya don't want to."
Blayze answered, heading around the front of the car to get to the driver's side.
"I'm in!"
I exclaimed, practically running towards the passenger side.
Zuke and Azlan crowded me, wanting to be let into the back seat.
Hopefully Zeus is around at Blayze's side.
"The dogs going in the back seat or the tray?!"
I called across to Blayze.
"The esky and shit are in the tray, so they can go in the back seat!"
He replied.
I pulled the passenger side back door open.
"Up ya get."
I commanded the dogs.
Azlan bounded in first and Zuke scrambled up after him.
Thankfully his Kelpie blood has apparently kicked in and allowed him the ability to jump, because I'd probably struggle to lift him into the car now, especially with my baby belly in the way.
I shut the door to seal the dogs in, even though they weren't likely to want to leave and I climbed my way into the passenger seat.
We're going fishing!

Cowgirl Up 2 (Sequel) ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara