I.

<Paityn Stark>

"'You're a Stark', I remember my father telling me. 'Starks are honest, Starks are loyal, just like your pup.' 'What pup?', I had asked him, and he pulled a small direwolf from behind his back. She was... grey in colour and about the size of my forearm. I named her 'Lyanna,' after my father's sister. I thought it suited her." I said to my lover as I stroked her soft skin. "She has protected me all my life." There was a brief pause as my lover touched my cheek, and I glanced down, remembering my father. He had died only nights ago.

"I always assumed that I would grow up and... marry a handsome lord and have his children." I said after a while, and she smiled softly.

"When did you learn of your... preference?" She asked, taking my hand and kissing my knuckles gently.

"When I was... eleven." I said. "I never liked any of the boys. They all smelled. They all fought over me, too. I did not like being chased after."

"But what was it about... women? That lured you to them?" She took one of my fingers and pressed it to her lips.

"Eyes." I responded truthfully. "Men do not know how to hide their lust for bodies and blood. Women do, and it is... very fascinating."

"How did my eyes look when we first met?" She asked me.

"Beautiful. The most beautiful eyes I had ever seen, a shrewd, yet sparkling green color. You were intrigued by me. That I could tell."

"I had never seen another young woman in clothes like a man's, of course I was intrigued." She chuckled.

"Men's clothes were always far more comfortable for me. I could move around, fondle a sword if I needed to." I said.

"I would much rather you fondle something else." She spoke in a low voice, and I rolled my eyes.

"Eager tonight, aren't you?"

She grinned, pulling the covers further up to cover her bare breasts, and leaned over, pressing her lips firmly to mine. "I can't help it, my love. I've missed you."

"I am still waiting for the day..." I began, but quickly trailed off.

"I know, love, I know."

"You know nothing, my Queen."