"Don't ever say that" Robb exclaimed, his eyes wide. Bran didn't waver, insted keeping his eyes on Robb's face as he spoke again.

"I'd rather be dead."

*

Tyrion Lannister had arrived at Winterfell requesting a meeting with Lord Stark. Which would now be Robb, considering Eddard Stark was in King's Landing.

Hera sat at Robb's left side at the high table. She watched as Tyrion walked into the room, his eyes roaming all around the room. Robb was glaring at him, Hera noticed. He blamed the Lannister's for Bran's fall, everyone knew that.

Tyrion stopped in the middle of the room, glancing up at Robb, then at Hera. He felt slightly uncomfortable under their heavy stares. Robb was glaring at him, while Hera was looking at him with a face void of any emotion.

"I must say I recieved a slightly warmer welcome on my last visit" Tyrion said, not taking his eyes off Robb.

"Any man of the Night's Watch is welcome at Winterfell." Robb answered.

Tyrion quirked an eyebrow as he let a sarcastic smile take over his face. "Any man of the Night's Watch, but not I, eh boy?" Hera looked at Robb, to see that his face had hardened, and he was clearly feeling irritated.

"I'm not your boy, Lannister. I'm Lord of Winterfell while my father is away." Robb nearly spat out. Hera adverted her eyes to the table.

"Then you might learn a Lord's curtesy" Tyrion remarked.

Hera's eyes snapped up to the entrance when she heard a door open. Bran was being carried into the room by Hodor, a giant of a man. Bran still had the somber look on his face. They stopped in front of Tyrion, who looked at Bran with wide eyes.

"So it's true" he said shocked. "Hello, Bran. Do you remember anything of what happened?"

"He doesn't remember anything from that day" Hera spoke up. Tyrion looked up at her for a couple of seconds, their eyes meeting, before he looked back to Bran.

"Curious" he muttered.

Robb sighed from where he sat in the Lord's seat. "Why are you here?" he asked Tyrion impatiently. Tyrion ignored him, instead keeping his eyes on Bran.

"Would your charming companion be so kind to kneel? My neck is beginning to hurt."

"Kneel, Hodor" Bran mumbled. Hodor obligied, and soon, Bran was almost at the same hight as Tyrion.

"Do you like to ride Bran?"

"Yes, well, I did like to" Bran's eyes casted to the floor.

"The boy has lost the use of his legs" Maester Luwin commented.

Tyrion lifted an eyebrow. "What of it? With the right horse and saddle, even a cripple can ride."

Bran instantly looked up from the floor, his eyes hard. "I'm not a cripple."

Tyrion made a sarcastic shocked face as he gasped. "Then I'm not a dwarf! My father will rejoice to hear it." He pulled a scroll out from his cloak, holding it out for Bran. "I have a gift for you. Give that to your saddler. He'll provide the rest. You must shape the horse to the rider. Start with a yearling and teach it to respond to the reins and to the boy's voice."

Bran's brown eyes filled a new spark of hope, a small smile appearing on his lips. "Will I really be able to ride?"

Tyrion nodded. "You will. On horseback, you will be as tall as any of them."

Hera had to admit, she didn't really like Tyrion Lannister. But after he had given Bran the gift, and given him hope again, Hera had gotten a new sense of respect for the small man. Maybe not all Lannisters are bad people.

"Is this some kind of trick? Why do you want to help him?" Robb's voice rang out through the big room.

Tyrion turned around and looked up at him. "I have a soft spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things." His eyes moved to Hera, and she gave him a small smile.

"You've done my brother a kindness. The hospitality of Winterfell is yours." Robb said, his face calmer than before.

Tyrion scoffed slightly, but not loud enough for anyone but Bran to hear. "Spare me your false courtesies, Lord Stark. There's a brothel outside your walls. There I'll find a bed, and both of us can sleep easier."

Everyone watched as Tyrion Lannister walked out of the room, his stance as prideful as always. Hera's eyes moved to Bran, who held the scroll in his hands, a smile covering his face. His hopeful smile gave her hope as well.

Maybe things will go back to the way they were before his fall.