A Dark Heart

Since the Youtube video for Bride of Discord wouldn't work, here's a link to episode 1. I thought you (the readers) might want to see it since this story is based off of Bride of Discord. Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBlnLlXewwA

It swirled around me. The sky grew black and the shadow started to form. I knew who it was.  I ran into a forest made up of dead trees and wild crows, but I didn't care. I had to lose that shadow, it would be best if I was long gone before it formed.

Of course it simply followed me, only a few inches from my sea foam green and lavender pink tail. It was starting to form though. I scream, the cry echoes through the forest. My eyes widen as I see that the shadow is now a stallion. A stallion with a pitch black mane, blood red eyes, and an evil grin. It's not Sombra though. His name is Shadow.

Shadow is a leftover piece of Sombra's soul. Even though he's not much older than me, Shadow has centuries of memories in his head. I know I shouldn't dream of him, me and my friends defeated him three years ago, but he's always in my nightmares.

"Hello Songbird." Shadow says, lifting up my lowered head to where I can see him. I swat his hoof off of me.  "G-get a-away f-from m-me." I stammer, slowly backing into a tree. "I would expect more courage from the element of magic." he muses, getting closer to me by the second.

"Why won't you leave me alone!" I scream, using all my force to push him away from me. Shadow looks at me in shock. In the three years that he's haunted me, I have never fought back. "I'll answer your question with another question." he replies, gaining back his cool composure. 

Before he asks his question though, Shadow uses his magic to paralyze me. "What do you and Equestria have in common." Shadow whispers into my ear. "If you ask me the answer is obvious." He doesn't even wait for me to answer, what's the point of asking a question just to answer yourself? "You both will be mine!" he crackles. Green smoke starts to come out from Shadow's eyes and lighting crackles behind him.

I wake up with a cold sweat. "It was all just a dream." I mumble to myself. Tonight's dream was different though, I remember the last part. Shadow said I would be his. I know I'm 16 and shouldn't be sleeping with my parents, but tonight need it.

I walk down the cavernous hallway, smiling at the night guards. Some say, "Hello Princess Songbird." and I wave back in return. After what feels like hours of walking I finally reach my parents' room. I knock on the door. "Twilight, can you go see who's there." Dad grumbles. In a few seconds the door swings open and I see my tired mother. Her face seems to light up a little when she sees me though.

 She frowns when she sees the fear in my eyes. "Songbird what's wrong?" Mom asks. "Nightmares." I reply. "You have nightmares every night, what was different about today?" Mom inquires. She's not your typical mother. Mom likes to hear the facts before she gets all motherly on me. "Shadow said I would be his." I answer as I possibly can. "Do you want to sleep with me and Dad tonight?" she asks.  I nod and stumble into bed. Soon afterwards I'm greeted with hard earned sleep.

I wake up the next day remembering what day it is. I shake Dad while exclaiming,"Today is the Grand Galloping Gala!" "Calm down Songbird, I'm getting up." as he gets up he gives me a tired smile. Mom wakes up too and gives out a loud yawn. "Come one lets eat breakfast, then you have to get your dress fitted with Rarity." Mom explains as she herds me to the dining room. We live in the Royal Palace in Canterlot along with my godmothers Celestia and Luna. The thing I'm most excited about though is that my five friends are visiting today!

There's the mischievous Evening Snowfall who is the element of honesty. She's an alicorn as princess like me. Her parents are Fluttershy and Discord and because of that she's the princess of chaos. Then there's sophisticated but funny Tux who is the element of laughter. His parents are Rarity and Fancypants so he's a unicorn, plus he always has the scoop on the latest fashion. Another one of my friends is Autumn Harvest shy but generous earth pony. He was adopted by Applejack and Spike and is the element of generosity. Then we have the brash but kind Hurricane who is the element of kindness. Her parents are Rainbow Dash and Sorin, so she is one fast pegasus. Lastly there is my best friend the sweet and loyal Sugercube who is the element of loyalty. She's the earth pony daughter of Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich. I can't wait to see them!