Chapter Nine: What God Has Put Together, Let No Man Tear Apart

Start from the beginning

"I'll see you guys later." I rolled my eyes with a small laugh.
-------

I walked into an empty and quiet Johnny's Icehouse to find Jonathan alone on the ice working on slap shots, he was really focused on his work making sure he got every shot in even though he missed a few he still worked harder to correct his mistakes. Jonny didn't notice I was watching until he turned around, a smile grew on his lips once he caught my eyes.

"Hey," Jonathan greeted as he skated toward me. "How long have you been watching?"

"Not long, how's practice going?" I asked him, copying the smile he had.

"Pretty good, I finally skated three laps without any pain, it's just the shooting that hurts."

"Aww, that must be terrible. If you're busy I can go, I just wanted to check in on you."

"Nah, practice is over, I'm just messing around. Care to join?"

"I don't have any skates, Jon." I stated with a giggle.

"You're at a ice skating rink, I'm pretty sure they have skates here." Jonathan gave me a cocky smirk.

I rolled my eyes as Jonathan disappeared in the back, a few minutes went by and he finally returned with a pair of black ice skates.

"They're a size seven." He said.

"No six?"

"No."

"That's fine," I said, taking the skates out of his hands. "If I fall you'll just have to catch me."

"I will gladly catch you if you fall." Jonathan laughed softly.

I went around to the back and put my shoes in the cubby they had, I met Jonathan back on the ice and skated toward him. He was still working on shooting the pucks but he stopped once he saw me.

"Wanna try?" He asked as he offered his stick.

"I'm probably really bad at it." I laughed softly.

"You've been into hockey for what? Two years?"

"I was forced into liking hockey, but yes, two years."

"And you've never tried it?"

"No, Jonathan, you know this."

"Come on, it's fun," Jonathan said before he shot the puck into the back of the net. "See."

I took Jonathan's stick and skated further away from net so I was almost at center ice, Jonathan kicked me a puck and I managed to catch it with my foot, I swayed the puck back and forth with Jonathan's stick watching the puck then looking at the net.

"You're suppose to shoot now." Jonathan laughed.

I shot the puck after I playfully glared at Jonathan, we both watch the puck slide across the ice at a slow speed, the puck totally missed the blue paint of the net as it went wide to the left which would've ended in an icing call if I were to play in an actual game. I noticed Jonathan was biting back his hyena laugh but lost it when I started to laugh first.

"That was so bad!" I said to him as I continued to laugh.

"It wasn't that bad."

"Jon, it went nowhere near the net."

"Okay, maybe it was a little bad. Let's try a little closer, eh?"

I smiled at the sound of his 'eh' I loved when his Canadian side showed.

Jonathan and I went closer to the net so that we were only a couple of feet away from the blue pain.

"Here, let me help you," Jonathan went behind me and showed me how to hold the stick. "Tighten your grip on the knob of the stick, loosen your grip on the neck of the stick, your hand on the knob controls the stick your other hand keeps it in place."