A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eleven

Start from the beginning

“Joel?” I asked. “No, he’s just a very good friend.”

His smile returned to his face. “Great, then I shall see you tomorrow.” He stood up and was on his way out.

“Harry,” I stopped him.

“Yeah?”

“How are you going out? Won’t the fans recognise you?”

He winked, “Don’t worry. I have my ways.”

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

I stared at the box of macarons lying on the table. I couldn’t believe it. Did Harry Styles just confessed to me? My heart started beating faster – not because I was excited about the date but because I was excited by the thought that a boy had actually asked me out on a date. When was the last time I’ve got asked? Probably back in high school year one. That was the first time a boy ever asked me.

Joel came over to me one day after the band practice and told me he would like me to go out with him. Being the idiotic and stubborn me, I had rejected him flatly. I wondered if we would be together now if I had given a little more consideration to his question.

But like everyone who had told me, when the right guy comes along, it would be a blast of energy; a special feeling of blissfulness and you would instantly want to jump into it. So far, nothing near had happened when both guys popped the question.

Was there something wrong with me? All of a sudden, I wished I could talk to Val. She would know about such things. She always did. Besides, she had dated far more guys than I had – but then again, I had dated none before.

Why not? She would probably go crazy but I knew she was no tell tale. She would bring my secret to the grave if she had to. I picked up my phone and punched in the numbers not bothering if she was awake or not.

She picked up after the second ring.

“Hi Jo! What’s the latest?” Her familiar chirpy voice came back greeting me.

“You sound happy,” I mused.

She laughed. “I went out on a date.”

“Really? With?”

“Terry Lowes. You know that Australian guy in the football team?”

“That one you have been eyeing for the entire term?”

“Yup!”

“Congrats! How did it happen?”

“Well, he just asked me out yesterday. We are like working in the same café.”

“I’m so happy for you!”

“Thanks! So what’s up?”

“Am I taking up your time?”

“No no! Of course not, silly!. It’s just that I’m too excited to go to sleep. What’s up?” She laughed.

“I just need some advice…”

“Okay, shoot. Aunty Valerie is all ears.”

“Val, how do you know if he’s the right one?”

“I don’t know,” I could hear her shrugging. “You don’t know until you go out on a few dates. You have to get to know the person first and see if he fits the bill.”