"Don't be afraid" Mike whispered in her ear. "I know this house by heart." And then he proceeded descending the stairs with all the confidence in the world. He had his prize in his hands and he was not going to let anyone take it from him, or make her think that he was neither capable nor worthy enough to support her in any given situation.

Derek descended the stairs quickly so that Mike wouldn't stumble on him and drop Nicky. Though he doubted his brother would ever drop her. Even if he fell he would make damn sure she was fine even if that meant he broke his neck in the process. He showed a protectiveness towards her he had never seen with his previous girlfriends. It was obvious to him that Nicky was special to himv whether he realized it or not.

"You didn't have to pick me up like that. I could have walked down by myself you know. I am not an invalid either. We are putting quiet a show like this. How do you intent to explain this thing to the others downstairs?" Nicky whisper shouted to Mike's ear anxious about what the others would think seeing them descend the stairs like that.

"I don't give a damn and neither should you. We are not doing anything wrong." He replied feeling like the king of the world. Their heated make out session made him feel like he could anything. Limitless possibilities expanded in front of him. And all that from the trust this girl had showed him upstairs. The way she had left herself in his hands while they kissed, felt like she was not trusting him only with her body, but with her soul as well. And he had every intention of safe keeping them and guard them with his life.

Nicky didn't have a chance to respond to him, since they reached the bottom of the stairs and they were facing now the rest of the group. As soon as Jane saw them she got out of her seat ready to face a catastrophe. But before she had enough time to ask a million questions about what had happened Derek beat her to it.

"There is nothing for you to worry about. Mike made all the girls fall asleep upstairs with his story." Jane noticed the way Derek was looking at her silently asking her to leave the subject as it is, but she just couldn't help herself.

"Are you sure sweetie? You seem a little bit flustered. Can I help you in some way?"

"Mike has already helped enough Jane. Don't embarrass poor Nicky anymore. She already feels bad she fell asleep upstairs. You know she still feels a visitor here. Give her a little time in this household and soon she'll be bringing her PJs." Derek said trying to pass on the message to his wife that they just had to let the whole subject drop.

"Now who is the one making her uncomfortable?" Mike said while sitting on the armchair he always sat and placing Nicky in his lap.

"You are" she whispered and got of him quickly and went to sit on the sofa in the opposite direction. Mike smirked at her jumpy attitude but refrained from commenting.

"Well Nicky would you like a drink? The rest of us are already having some whisky but you can have anything you like. We have quite a selection of spirits. Mike I'll bring you your usual."

"No thank you. I am not a heavy drinker and I have already had a glass of wine during our diner. If I drink any more I'll probably fall asleep all over again."

"That's OK and you can sleep over here whenever you want. We love having company." Jane said.

"I wouldn't dream of imposing myself to you like that. I'll just stick to some soda for tonight." Nicky said and Jane went to the kitchen to bring back the soda.

"Ha they really mean that they don't mind having company over. Of course they fail to mention that if you stay here, they will have you taking care of the twins. Which as you already know are much more than a handful." Nicolas smirked. Derek of course denied everything.