The very bad day

This is my first story so please cut me some slack and comment tell me what you think. :) What opinions that you may have on this story. Please comment of what you think if it's good if you like, if you hate, I would love to know. Please commentI would also like it if yall would vote ok well enjoy.

PS.

That IS A PICTURE OF NIKKI MILES TO THE RIGHT OKK ENJOY :D :)

(Prologue)

Well my name is Nikki I'm 17 years old and I'm in love with my best friend's boyfriend. How? I don't know.  Maybe it just happened like Ally says its destiny... but she would not be too happy with destiny right now because of Derek and I.

"Nikki are you even listening to me" said Ally "Yep... the audacity " I responded. She was talking about yet another date with one of the football players from our school. That she had lost interest in but no not because he treated her badly wait for it. Because he ate soup with a fork and forgot to open the door on their way out. I love Ally but she sometimes drives me crazy with all her dating stories and her nitpicking of why they are not "The One"

Sometimes she would bore me half to death with all the details of different dates she had been on or the potential guys had to be The one.

This time this guy called Derek was her new "Mr. Right" I doubted it, but you never know. "So as I was saying he is so cute,  really nice and sweet which is my favorite combination. Was upfront and asked for my number and I gave it to him. What I know about him is that he is 17 years old has a nice car, black hair, green emerald eyes, tan, six pack and he is a football player. I saw him when I was at practice. He did mention that he knew you, that you and him use to be great friends in middle school. I did not know y'all went to the same middle school. What a coincidence right Nik. He is also kind of New here but he is on the football team already! He is that good you know"

"Oh yeah what a coincidence" I mumbled really not putting much attention until she mentioned the name Derek.

Dark and sad memories flashed in my mind. Being in the in hallways walking to class as HE took my backpack and threw it in a closet, and when I went to retrieve it hearing the click of the door closing. Knowing how I hated being in  a dark and small place. Me begging him to open the door and let me out. I shuddered at the thought.

What I was thinking is could she be talking about Derek Ashton the guy that made middle school for me a impossible and unbearable...No it could not be him. He left the summer before 8th grade. He supposedly moved to Miami, Florida. Away from me, from my life and I did not have to ever see his disgusting face again. Not ever.

I did not even now who was on the football team. I preferred to read books and explore on my own. I was the type of girl who stayed low, did not want any type of attention. Unlike Ally one of the most popular girls in our school head cheerleader, debate team, was smart, and beautiful. She was any guys dream girl. I on the other hand could not care how I looked like. I always wore my hair in a ponytail or bun and the same cardigan with clothes that we're comfortable and my glasses. Although I had contacts I hated using them.

"So are you ready for your amazing make over" Ally stated with her arm wide open the excitement was obvious in her tone.

"What make over?" I responded

"Oh do not tell me you forgot missy!" she said as she showed me a copy of a paper contract . I had signed on her last birthday.

Today was January 29 crap I forgot she was going to take me shopping because today was her birthday. I had promise her that for her 16 birthday I would let her do a makeover on me and I would keep that look for a year. I did not know why I signed that stupid piece of paper.

I was hoping she would have forgotten by now since she has the memory of a fish. Ally forgets to do her math homework after being reminded all day, but no this she could not let it slip her mind. This was going to be a very long day.

(1st period History)

During first period I could not get out of my mine who was this Derek guy Ally had given her number to. He sounded familiar I just could not place it.

"Miss Miles are you listening" the teacher questioned.

"Yes Ms Flo" I responded with a timid smile

She look at me with doubt and said " Well since you were listening to my lecture, who is the current president of El Salvador?"

"It's..?" I responded but was cut off when a guy was it's dark brown hair came into the classroom and commanded the attention of the room with his looks.
Andrea one of my classmates turn to me and whispered "Where did this cutie come from is he new?

"I don't have a clue" I said

Than I heard the teacher quiet down the classroom and say "Well class I will like to introduce you to our newest student give him a warm welcome Derek Ashton"

"Ah Crap" I said and then everything went dark.

"Nikki? Nikki? Please give her some room you guys" Andrea called out
As I opened my eyes I saw all my classmates surround me making sure I was well. Derek looked in my direction curiously but stayed in place by the teacher.

"How are you feeling?" Andrea questioned me

"Take her into the hallway Ms.Carter" Ms.Flo told Andrea

"Yes"

I walked into the hallway with her by my side.

She looked me up and down and asked "Hey what happened? Are you not feeling well? Is it something you ate but you seem fine this morning?" She questioned herself

"I'll tell you later but for now I'm going home could you just bring me my stuff. Tell Mrs. Flo I went to the nurse's office"

"Okay but you better tell me later girl." she said persistently as she handed me my backpack.

"Alright and tell Ally I will meet her at the mall at 3.30" I mumbled

"Yes, I will tell her"

"Thank you Andrea" I said

"You're welcome what are friends for oh.. and you know you broke your glasses in the fall right? " she said as she handed me the pieces

"What! No!" I muttered.
I would have to wear my contacts until a new pair could arrive, since I was practically blind.

This day just keeps going from bad to worst.

(DEREK'S P.O.V)

I could not believe what happened before me. I saw a girl faint but not just any girl but the one I made miserable in middle school. Just great a perfect start to my first day. I knew she looked familiar she thought I would not recognize her.

I remember Nicole even after all these years, I still remember her. Mix of grey, blue eyes long brown wavy hair. She looked just as beautiful as I remembered. I hope she does not hate me it was back then although I deserve her anger and resentment. but at-least I had made the the football team, met a cute and bubbly girl. I had thought about asking her out but was interrupted. I got out my phone and called Ally after class

"Hello?" she asked timidly

"Hey Ally it's Derek we met this morning during practice."

"Hmm..?" She was quiet for a minute the spoke
"Ohhh Hey how are you? Hope your first day has not been to dull" she giggled

"I am fine Ally, I just wanted to ask you a quick question won't take to much of your time. Would you like to join me tonight for dinner?
I will pick you up at your house at 7:00 if that is alright with you? I asked

"Yes! I would love too, I will be ready by seven sharp." She responded happily

"Cool meet you at 7:00 bye" I said

"Bye" she responded

Well every girl that has a date always drags a friend to help her get ready. I heard Ally talking about her best friend Nikki. If she is who I think she is I will confirm by today.
I smirked just thinking about it.