"Maybe if I had, you wouldn't be able to hear the bullshit spewing from your mouth." The whites of her eyes were red. The dark slithering veins beneath them giving her the steely vampire look. It was strange on her. I didn't see if often on my sister. She acted so much more sophisticated and entitled.

I swing my torso to the right, just as the wooden stake from that table is driven into the floorboards. "You're racking up some real repairs. What are we going to tell the landlord?" I ask, hooking her cheek hard with my right knuckles. Enough force to push her off me. I stand up, and she does as well. "Are you done?"

Penelope doesn't answer, but grabs the other piece of the table leg. She grabs my shoulder harshly, and I clasp her arm, my nails digging in as her fingers dig into my collar bone indention. I gasp at the pain there, and she raising her other hand up with the stake. Blood swells from beneath my nails, and I use all my strength to spin her off me, throwing her hard against the marble top of the kitchen.

I am on top of her before she does anything else. Pinning her down and prying the stake out of her hands. She hisses up at me with a menancing gleam in her dark eyes. "You've been lying to all of us. You killed our mother out of greed for power and spite." Penelope was enraged. It was clear enough. "You disgust me."

I spare a glance at Francis, his face one of terror as his dark blue eyes look from me to her. In that moment my older sister gets the upper hand, she pushes me away, then grabs both my shoulders and flings me so hard I fly until I hit the TV. Then the wall. The flat screen cracks and shatters, the back toppling off the wall and onto the hard wood floors as I do. Glass shatters around me as I fall. My knees of my black jeans split open, my skin underneath being sliced with sharp clear splinters of glass.

The wall behind me had caved in, a hole opening up as dry wall fell loose. My spine ached and I knew it had broken somewhere with the impact. When I snapped it into place I'd heal, but for now, I had bigger matters to attend to. 'The ability to endure pain is the warrior's true weapon.' His voice rings in my head like a ghost.

Mikael.

I take a breath, hearing Penelope's footsteps towards me, and before she realized I was moving, I did. I stood up, so fast another disk in my back must've fractured, and snap her neck, breathing hard. I carefully twist until my spine is straight again, feeling it heal.

I pull the red curls from my face and put it all up in a messy bun, small pieces in the front refusing to stay. My eyes lock onto Francis, who had gone still. He had walked forward when the glass flew, so there was a cut on his high cheek bone. But he didn't move to wipe the blood off. He only looked at me with a stone cold silence that made me take a step back.

"Francis..." I begin.

"You killed my mother." He shakes his head, not meeting my eyes. I walk forward to console him, but Francis turns from me. I swallow thickly, looking at Bastian. He'd already known that I had killed Mary. He got over it centuries ago.

"France please.." I take another step and he turns around with rage in his eyes.

"My mother, Merida!" He spit my name from his mouth like it tasted like poison. Guilt surfaces but I swallow it. I do not feel guilt.

The doorbell rings and Bastian moves to open it. I grab his arm. "If they're important, they'll let themselves in." A warning was in my tone. That could be Mary. Come with stake in hand. After a few seconds of silence the door is kicked open.

On any other occasion I'd roll my eyes as NiKlaus enters but now I only drop Bastian's arm and look away, looking at the blood on my fingers from the glass. Rebekah grabs my head and makes me look at her, then looks down at Penelope. "My God."