Chapter 15 New leash!

Start from the beginning

"Nope."

"Don't lie to your best friend." Sara remarked.

"Yeah.....just a bit. Thank you." Kai gave her his most amazing smile.

"What for?" Sara blushed. "Don't forget, it's you who saved me."

Both of them got up watching the others almost up to the top.

"Do you think you can do it Kai? Those wounds...." Sara asked apprehensively.

"You doubt me?" Kai raised his eye brow.

"No, but...."

"Let's do it, Sara..."

Saying thus, he started his climb, holding on the previously marked foot-holds. Sara gazed at her best friend for a while, admiring his courage.

"Hey, it's rude to stare at people." Kai teased her playfully.

Sara blushed in deep shades of red. Shaking her head, she continued on her own ascent.

"There they go again." Charles gleefully stated.

"I'm glad they made it out." Cynthia chirped in. She didn't like arguments between friends.

"They had to. They can't live without each other." Tom remarked with his own taste of humor.

"Look who's talking." Genus stated hinting to the previous incident involving Tom himself.

That left him speechless.

As they neared the top of their trees, they observed that the black patches which they had seen before were actually small pitchers. Their joy knew no bounds when they lifted their respective pitchers and started descending downwards.

Kai and Sara were the last to get down from the tree. They gave a huge grin as they rejoined the group.

"Well done kids." The voice yet again, resounded.

"We learnt a lot from this test, didn't we?" The voice continued.

The friends nodded in agreement as they looked at each other recollecting the happenings of the day.

"So, what next?" Kai questioned.

"Well, I guess it's finally time to meet our Queen."

"Guys, you hear that? We passed the test." Charles remarked.

"Yay!" Cynthia looked the happiest of them all.

"You ok?" Kai asked Sara.

She was looking down like she was embarrassed.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Sara couldn't meet his eyes.

"Okay. Very well. Lie to your best friend." He spoke in a whisper.

Sara shook her head. "No no no. It's just about...you know...before..."

Kai squeezed her hand.

"Don't worry about it. I'll always be there for you, buddy. I promise."

At that moment she looked up at him and found bliss in seeing the most charming smile ever. She cursed herself for not looking up before.

"I trust you." She said softly.

The voice commanded them to proceed towards a little clearing at the center of the forest.

As they neared it, they experienced a great force pulling them towards the center like it had somehow conceived a large gravitational pull.

"No need to fear." The voice continued, as the friends struggled to go against the pull. "It's simply a gateway."

Hearing that, they eased up a bit and surrendered their trust and faith upon their destiny. The force gradually seemed to grow greater in magnitude. Dust swirled up around the center in torrents as they were literally sucked up from that world, slowly losing consciousness.

They woke up to the sound of the ringing of a monastic bell.

They blinked their eyes to make their vision clearer.

"Where are we?" Sara found herself staring at the majestic palace right in front of them.

"Woah!" Tom was amazed. Well, who wouldn't be? The palace extended for miles, seeming to have no end. They found themselves negligible compared to the vastness of the palace.

As they got up, they found the golden gates open up as if to welcome them.

"Are you guys excited?" Tea asked cheerfully.

"Definitely." Charles chimed in.

"Let's go." Kai boldly took the first step.

The rest of them followed with Genus bringing up the rear.

They found the Queen seated on the throne with a welcoming spree.

"A huge bell sounded on the right as they entered the throne room. They found a messenger bow down before the Queen.

She at once stood up, cheeriness on her face.

"Welcome, chosen ones. I am Queen Zora. I knew you would make it. I hope the voice guided you well?"

The friends nodded in reply.

"For your earnest hard work, I would like to give you a small gift."

They still had the pitchers with them.

The Queen took a step towards them, a stick in her hand that looked divine.

"Take out the contents of your pitchers please."

*A/N: Well, what do you guys think? Exciting much? Hold on. Hold on. There's a lot of adventures left to be unfolded. ?

**