Chapter 5

Zee's POV

Zee's POV

Ouch!

The pain has started. Everyone warns about the pain that the realignment of the bones causes, but never did I dream it would be this bad! And the icy fingers running up and down my spine is unbearable! I've never heard of it before. Everyone always speaks of the pain, bur not the cold. The freezing makes me gasp each breath I try to take. It feels like the air is to cold to take into my lungs!

 "Ziona, honey. You need to regulate your breathing. If you are tense the transformation will take very long."

"Carl, I'm glad you came. Do you know how long it will take?"

"No, Markus. As our pack doctor I have never heard of these symptoms before. The process started a month before her birthday, she is not running a fever,in fact she is too cold and it's been longer than 22 hours. I've made some phone calls and the closest to some kind of answer I came was in Red River Rock.  They had a case a few decades ago when nothing was recorded yet and the folk stories about the case is very vague. It just states of a young boy who phased before his time and that the phasing took longer than any other phasing."

"Do you know how long?"

"No, that is it. No one knows any specifics."

"Thank you for your efforts, Carl. I'll go in and tell Eva."

Through the pain I register that they were outside the room again. How can I hear what they are saying? The rooms in our house are sound proof, unless I'm somewhere else?

"Eva? You need to get some rest. I will stay here for now. Go home and get something to eat"

"No, Marco. Her screaming and sobbing have not ended. She needs me to be calm."

"You know the rooms in the pack house are sound proof. No one hears her screams and she is starting to quiet down. Can you hear that?"

"That means that it is nearly over. It is so close."

The sound of bones breaking fills my ears together with whimpering and gasping for breath. It takes me a while to realise the sounds are made by me.

Then everything goes quiet.

I see mist all around me. My hair is starting to get wet. Everywhere I look it is as if I'm looking through blue lenses of some kind of sun glasses. The only difference is that the lenses are not getting wet or full of droplets.

The mist swirls arund me and the woods become clear. I start running through the woods. Evrything is so clear and smells so good. I see every movement. From the smallest insect darting from plant to plant to the birds flying in the tree. The best of all is this feeling of freedom!

Never have I felt this free before. I always have to be on guard and careful to be out of the spotlight. This was awesome!

Just running, without a care in the world. Running past the trees, over fallen trees and over rocks. All of a sudden I stop in my tracks. What is that?

Higher up on the overhanging rock is a white wolf surrounded by an orange-red glow. He is looking into the horizon and then he looks at my. I feel a thousand butterflies in my stomach as I look at him coming my way. The closer he is supposed to get,the farther away he seems to be going, fading into the woods.

"Her breathing is normal again and her temprature is up. Her heartbeat is evening out. I think she is busy waking up."

"Thank you, Carl. I don'tknow what we would have done without you."

"Not that I was of much help."

"Your knowledge of heart rate and so on kept us sane."

"You know that you and Eva should get some rest when she is fully awake?"

"We know. As soon as we can go home, we'll be off."

"Mom? Dad?" My throaght  feels very dry and my voice is very hoarse.

"Zee!" Mom sounds so relieved.

"Water?"

"Sure. But only little sips at a time."

"The water seems to burn down as it gives relief at the same time.

"How do you feel?"

"Just tired, thank you Mom."

"That is normal, Zee. And I think you would be extra tired. It took long for the phasing to finish," Carl sayswith concern in his voice.

"Is..." cough, "this normal?"

"Not that we know of. But we'll answer your questions as soon as you are well rested. Your parents are taking you home as soon as you feel up to going and I will see you again tomorrow."

Al I can do is nod my head before I turn my eyes to my parents.

"We can go right away or we can wait a while."

"Now, please."

"Very well then. Marcus, Eva, Zee. I'll see you tomorrow then."