Chapter 1: Maybe Crazy Is Just The Kind Of Change I Need

Começar do início

"Listen, if it were up to me, I would be living in a shoebox apartment like many other people my age trying to figure their life out." I say.

"Daisy," He starts but I cut him off.

"I'll do it. Just don't back out on your promise."

He leans over and kisses my cheek. "Wouldn't dream of it."

And then I'm alone again.

***

October 11th

"It might not be that bad," my best friend Madilyn says when I give her the news.

"Yeah," I mutter.

I decided to go get ice cream with her and tell her about the agreement Tyler and I have. She was a little hesitant about it at first but when I told her what he promised, she thought it was a good idea.

"You've wanted to find her for awhile, Daisy. This is your chance. All you have to do is pretend to date Tyler for a little while."

I guess it's not going to be horrible but I feel like there will be some girls who don't like me because I'll be "dating" Tyler. That worries me a little. Also, what are the other hockey player's girlfriends and wives like? Will they like me? It won't matter that much I suppose, since this isn't forever. Hopefully, just for a short amount of time.

"Yeah, at least now I can tell my parents I'm dating somebody so they will stop asking me about finding a cute boy." I joke but I'm mostly serious. Every time I go home or there is a family gathering, my dating life is always brought up.

Madilyn laughs and runs a hand through her blonde hair. "That will be nice, for sure."

I nudge her side and grin. "How's Elliot?"

She blushes but has a secret smile on her face. "He's good. It's casual."

"Uh huh. Casual." I say and she just blushes again. Teasing Madilyn about Elliot is usually Tyler's job but he's on a road trip so I have to take the job.

"Anyway," she says, obviously attempting to change the topic. "When does your pretend relationship start?"

I shrug. "When he gets back from his road trip I guess. I don't really know how exactly we're going about this so we'll just have to play it by ear. I hope it's not too much work."

Madilyn laughs again and we chat about making dinner plans later the week before I head home. I realize how lonely I am when I'm in my house because it's so big and empty.

Maybe I should get a cat.

With this thought in mind, I hear my phone ring and see that it's my dad calling. I hesitate but answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey kiddo," my dad says and I smile. There are days when I miss my parents so much. When I decided to move to Dallas to begin a new clothing line, I had to leave my parents in California.

"Hi dad."

"I was just calling to check in! How are you?"

"I'm good, I was thinking about getting a cat." I say and he laughs.

"That sounds like a good idea. How's Tyler?"

Ah, of course. Ever since I became friends with Tyler, my dad is suddenly a huge Stars fan, despite growing up as a Habs fan.

"Road trip."

"Uh huh." He says and I frown.

"What?"

"Well, Jax said that he heard something about you two."

I nearly drop my phone because Tyler wouldn't say anything without my permission, right?

"What exactly did he hear?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Well, he heard that you two are dating."

I've been in quite a few awkward situations and this one sits pretty close to the top. Talking about my non-existent-fake dating life with my dad?

No thank you.

"Uh, yeah. We went on a date." I say, trying to keep it simple while freaking out internally.

"That's nice. I guess." He says and the awkwardness hangs in the air and I would do anything to get out of this conversation.

Lucky for me, there's a knock on my door.

"Hey, somebody is knocking on the door so I'll call you later." I say and I hear him mutter something but I hang up quickly.

I walk to the door in a daze, trying to shake the awkwardness of the conversation away. When I open it, I'm surprised to see Tyler standing there. I didn't think he got home until tomorrow. Then again, I haven't really been keeping track of the days lately.

"I am so, so sorry." Are the first words that come out of his mouth.

"About what?" I ask, trying to play dumb.

"You haven't seen?"

"Seen what?"

He frowns and pulls his phone out, tapping a few times before holding up an article called: Tyler Seguin dating long time friend Daisy Winters.

"How'd they know it was me?" I ask and Tyler blushes.

"It slipped." He says and when he sees the look on my face that says not good enough, he expands his answer. "After the game, we went out and this girl was trying to get me to go home with her and I was drinking so I blurted out that I was dating you."

"We technically aren't dating, you know." I say. "You could've went home with her."

He has this weird look on his face. "I just wanted to get into character."

"Okay." I say and try not to read too much in to his answer.

Drama is the last thing I need right now, but I have a feeling that this is just the beginning. Things are about to get even crazier around here and I'm not sure how I am going to be able to handle it.

But hey, maybe crazy is just the kind of change I need.

----------------------------------------

hey guys

soo i hope you like this chapter and let me know if you think I should continue it!

each chapter will have the title and a quote to go with it

and sorry for any mistakes cause im always lazy and dont wanna edit

so yeah hope u like it

much love,

- Alexandra