Did I Wake You?

~Staceys POV~

All I could hear was the ticking of my alarm clock. And I swear, is there anything more annoying then that sound as you're trying to sleep? It just seems like the clicking sound is this giant booming sound compared to the silence of the rest of the room.
It was to dark to see the numbers on the clock, as usual. So I pulled out my phone from underneath my pillow and hit the on button to see the time.
"4:09" it read.

"Ugh." I groaned sluggishly. "Why can't I just sleep for once?" I asked myself in irritation.

I got up and walked into the kitchen to get a glass of water. Is that supposed to help you sleep? I can't remember. Anyway, I'm just gonna do it. So I got some water and walked back to my room. But as I walked through the living room I heard something bang against the one of the  front windows.

"Ah!" I shouted as I dropped to the ground in reflex. My heart was pounding and my hands were shaking. 

I slowly crawled on the ground behind the couch back into the kitchen. I grabbed a skillet, Yes a skillet. I figure I'm not to good with a knife and so a heavy skillet may be the better choice.

I slowly walked back into the living room and over to the Windows. I looked outside and didn't see anything.
Suddenly a branch hit the window I had my face up against. I screamed jumping backwards and tripped over the coffee table causing me to fall backwards to the floor and drop the skillet next to me.
"Ouch." I groaned as I held my hand to my head. I hate living alone like this. Everything can become so freaky, especially for a young woman who doesn't have all that much ability to defend herself.
"Darn tree." I said mentally hating myself for how stupid I must have looked.
I grabbed the skillet and put it back in the kitchen and headed back to bed. I laid down in bed and grabbed my phone. If I can't sleep might as well scroll through my Facebook or something.
I was on Facebook for all of 10 minutes before a message popped up.

~Devin Moore
Hey, what are you doing up still?

                                ~Stacey Dunham
   I could ask you the same thing. ;)

~Devin Moore
Well I woke up because there is a storm coming in, and I had to make sure everything was strapped down and safe. What's your excuse?

                                ~Stacey Dunham
   Well I just couldn't sleep as usual..

~Devin Moore
Oh..... do you want me to come over to keep you company?

                                 ~Stacey Dunham
                 Nah, no need. I'll be fine. :)

~Devin Moore
Okay, if you say so. Feel free to call or something if you change your mind. :)

                                 ~Stacey Dunham
  Okay, will do. That's really sweet, thank you. (virtual hug)... So there is a storm headed in?

~Devin Moore
Yup, it's supposed to have strong winds and all that fun stuff. Lol

                               ~Stacey Dunham
   Oh boy. Lol well I sure didn't know about that. But I guess that explains why that tree branch hit the window.

~Devin Moore
It didn't break or crack it, did it?

                               ~Stacey Dunham
               Nah, just scared the heck
            Out of me. Lol

~Devin Moore
Wish I could've seen that. Lol ;)

~Devin Moore
Well I'm gonna go back to bed. Ttyl Stace.

                              ~Stacey Dunham
                    Okay, good luck sleeping.

I put the phone back down and attempted to go back to sleep. I said attempted because it turned into me just laying there staring at the ceiling all night.
---------------

My eyes had been shut for what felt like 5 minutes when I heard the door bell ring. I shot up in bed and sat silently for a second trying to figure out if I actually did hear that. It rang again and I flipped the covers off of me and ran to the front door.
I looked out the peep hole and saw a tall brown haired guy looking up at the light fixture on the front porch. It was Devin. I opened the door and smiled. Devin looked at me and smiled back

"What are you doing here?" I asked
"Did I wake you up?" He smirked gesturing to what I was wearing.
I looked down and realized I was only in a T-shirt and some underwear. My cheeks felt suddenly hot as I blushed.
"Umm you want to come in and sit down while I get dressed?" I asked and he smiled.
"That'll be just fine." He said as he walked in brushing me slightly to get past.

I ran into my bedroom and dug around to find something to put on. I settled with some jeans and a halter top. "Great going." I told myself thinking back to that awkward moment at the door.
I ran a brush through my hair quickly and slipped on a necklace and some stud earrings.

"Sorry, you caught me by surprise." I laughed as I walked back into the living room.
"Eh, I should've called first." He said giving a smile.
"Yeah well answering the door to anyone while I'm dressed like that is not a good idea on my part." I said and he chuckled.
"So do you have a ladder and a light bulb?" He asked. And complete confusion filled my mind.
"Umm.. I don't know. Did you come all the way over here to ask that?" I asked looking puzzled by his question. And he laughed
"Nope. I have a ladder and plenty of light bulbs at my place... I was asking because I noticed your porch light is out." He said and I started to laugh.
"Ooh." I said feeling extremely stupid at the moment.
"Well I think there may be some in the garage." I added.
"Okay cool. I'll check and see if I can change the light bulb for you." He said.
"Alright, thanks." I said. He still hadn't told me why he was here in the first place.
"Have you eaten anything?" I asked.
"Not since the pizza last night." He shouted from down the hall. Well I haven't eaten yet either, might as well make us both some breakfast.

I walked into the kitchen and started to make some biscuits and gravy with sausage. I didn't want a big breakfast so that sounded good enough for me.

I heard a crash and jumped. "What the heck!?" I said as I ran out of the kitchen and out to the garage.