"Uncle! Uncle!" Michel gasped out and I jumped off him.

"Are you ready for summer?" I asked as he got up and smiled at me.

"Hell yeah! Were going to have so many sleepovers and camp outs! Hey, how are your wolfs doing?" Michel was the only human outside my family that knew what I was. My parents were against him knowing, but Michel has been my best friend since kindergarten; I had to tell him at one point. He even met my wolf family last year.

"They're good. I haven't really cheeked up on them in a while, I should do it tonight." Just then, the late bell range. "Shit, see you next hour!" I waved at Michel as I ran down the hall to my class. I slipped into the room and tried to creep to my desk as Mrs. Hoover typed something on her computer. Some of the other kids snickered at me and I shushed them with a small smile, slipping into my seat just as the teacher stood up and looked at the class to take attendance.

I finished my test pretty early and tried to take a nap. A random headache had shown up and my head was throbbing. Was it getting hot in here? Why was it so hot? It is summer, maybe the air conditioning for the school had broken again. I sighed and rested my head on my arms. I ended up dozing off, being startled awake by the bell. I made sure I had my phone in my pocket and grabbed my pencil, which had been knocked to the floor. I made my way tiredly to my next hour and barely even noticed when Michel cough up with me. He started jabbing about summer and we were a few feet from our next class when I turned to him and snapped, "shut up!"

Michel jumped at my sudden outburst and held his hands up. "Hey, are you ok, Ash?" He asked as he looked at me. "Your looking a little pale."

"I'm fine." I growled and Michel grabbed my shoulder as I turned around.

"Dude, your not fine. What's gotten into you?" Michel looked me over with a worried glance and I ran a hand through my hair.

"I-I don't know. I just have a headache. Is it hot in here?"

Michel blinked at me. "No, in fact I think it's quite cool in here for once."

I sighed again and walked into class with Michel trailing behind me, just as the late bell range. I took my seat in the back and waited for Mr. Johnson to finish attendance and pass out the test and bobble sheets. For the longest time, I just stared at the numbers dancing on my paper, then finally started, fumbling with the calculator I was given. My headache was slowly progressing, and by the end of the test the numbers were just a blur to me, so I bobbled in random answers. I'm sure I would pay latter, but at this moment I didn't care.

I walked wobbly to Mr Johnson's desk and turned in my test. Just as I was about to walk back to me desk, I hear Mr Johnson whisper, "are you ok, Ash? You look like your about ready to pass out." I nodded. "Ok... Well, there's only ten minutes left of class, so I hope you make it home ok." I nodded again and walked to my desk. I noticed several people watching me, including Michel and a boy who I think was named Thomas. As I took my seat, a sharp pain hit me in my tailbone and I almost cried out with pain, but covered my mouth in time. A muffled yelp escaped my fingers and almost half the class turned to look at me. When they looked away, I carefully slid my hand to my tail bone and almost cried out with surprised fear.

Was I growing a...tail?? So far, there was only a thin bone covered in warm flesh and soft fur pocking about four inches from my body where my tail bone is. As I felt my tiny tail, it twitched and grew about another inch. I yelped and again drew eyes to myself. There wasn't any pain, just a slight tingling sensation that ran up my spin each time it grew, and it was growing fast. Before I knew it, it was already almost eight inches long. I quickly tucked my growing tail into my pants and walked back up to the teacher, saying I felt like I was going to throw up and needed to got to the bathroom. He let me go and I rushed through the school halls to the boys bathroom next to the band room.