10

~chapter ten~

(Ash's pov)

"Come on sleepy head, wake up!"

"I don't wanna." I grumbled.

"Let's goooooooo! It's the last day of school, and it's only a half day. You'll be back home before you know it!" I throw my covers off my head and glared at Royce. He squealed like a girl and ran out the room yelling, "mmmmoooommmmm!! He's going to bite my head off!"

I laughed, and made my lazy way to the bathroom to take a shower. It's been four days since that night of the vampire fight between it and Jarric. The next morning, as planed, Ulric and Jarric left, while Boris stayed behind to protect us just incase another vampire decided to show up. Ulric was really reluctant, mostly because he hasn't marked me as his yet. He keep pulling me into hugs and kissing me, not that I'm complaining. When he finally left, a few minutes before dad called Royce and I to hurry up so he could drive us to school, I felt pretty depressed. My best friend of ten years, Michel, noticed right away and invited me to a pool party his cousin was having on Wednesday. I agreed to go and it did help me to keep my mind off my mate for a while. I also ended up spending the night at Michel's house and Boris panicked, blowing up my phone to find out where I was.

The last few days have been kind of boring other wise. At school, all we really did was get ready for the coming up exams and I took my third hour exam on Wednesday, while my first and second hour exams were took on Thursday. My last two hour exams were being taken today, on Friday, our last day of school. I was so happy. My birthday was in two days and I would finally be sixteen. Royce was teasing me about all that was going on and even Boris joined in now that he knew what was going on since my mom told him.

As I stood in the shower, washing myself up, I started to think of Ulric. I haven't seen him at all in the past four days but he's been called me like a maniac, again not that I mind. He told me his father has partially locked him in the pack house as punishment for sneaking out. The story Jarric and him told the alpha said that Ulric went out for a walk in town and got wrapped up in a human party, where he had gotten drunk, and that's how Jarric found him. They had rented a hotel room for the night and came back once Ulric was 'sober' enough. I sighed, missing him. I barely knew Ulric yet and I've fallen hard for him. The again, he was my mate.

I finished up my shower, and climbed out to dry off. I rushed to my room with a towel around my hips and picked out an outfit. I decided to go comfy, with a lose pare of black jeans that came with a brown belt, a blue shirt with a picture of a dragon on it, and a thin gray jacket. After slipping on my shoes, I grabbed my phone and a pencil, and made my way down stairs.

"Oh, good, your awake." Mom smiled at me as I walked into the kitchen and took a seat at the table. Both Royce and Boris were scarfing down their breakfast while my dad read the newspaper sipping at a cup of coffee. I smile at mom as she gave me a plate of food and I started to eat. After I was done, I rinsed my plate off and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek as I ran out the door to the car. I jumped into the passenger seat and smiled at my dad as Royce came out yelling about how I took his seat.

The drive to school was calm, and I was surprised to see that storm clouds were starting to gather in the sky. It started to rain as we came up to the school and Royce and I booked it inside, laughing. After Royce and I passed 'good luck on the exams' comments to each other, we parted ways and I started to walk to my fourth hour, English. As I made my way to it, someone jumped on my back demanding a piggy back ride.

"Get off, Mich!" I yelled as I spun around, making Michel laugh and hug my neck tighter. I stopped as I grew dizzy and lost my footing, falling back words on top of Michel. He yelp and tried to push me off. I laughed and laid back into him. "Say uncle!"