The New King of Hyrule

Start from the beginning

"You've failed us." They all spoke. The voices blended and created an unsettling sound. "Generations of perfection. Generations of perfection. Generation of endless courage. Generations serving the Princess-"

"Shattered." The lone standing Hylian spoke in a curt manner. "I didn't die for this. Hylia didn't create this world for this. The Goddesses didn't let me die for the land I love and return me to protect it once more so I can have a-"

"Disappointment." The cluster of three spoke now. The boy with the mask seemed to be twitching even more. "We have been forgotten through the ages. We have been cast away and we are okay with that. Though our legacy as the Hero of Time didn't survive we don't want the legacy of the Hero of the Wild to be-"

"Laughed at." The last Hylian spoke that could barely be heard over the wolf's barking. "We lost a dear friend for the sake of this land. We risked everything to protect this land and return Zelda from the clutches of Ganondorf's hold and yet you couldn't even manage a task much simpler."

"Disgusting." They all spoke, causing Link to flinch. He didn't know what to do or how to respond. There was a steady flow of tears running down his cheeks and his hands were shaking so much Link was starting to think there may be something wrong with him. All the eyes, the unforgiving blue eyes, stared down at Link with such disappointment and such hatred. "We don't understand. Your life goal is to simply serve Hyrule. You have failed."

"No," Link's shaky hands signed out. "I haven't. Not yet. I'm still protecting my land. I'm going to be King. I still serve them." They all laughed. The masked faced boy had oddly begun floating and glowing a light purple. "I can still serve them. Farore said- said that this was all part of their plan-"

"A Goddess may say what she wants be in our heart of hearts we all know this was far from your fate." The masked boy floated on over, still twitching all over. Link stayed rooted to the ground, he couldn't move for the life of him. His arm wouldn't move, he wanted to life the sword in his hand to at least try to defend himself but his arm wouldn't respond.

"You!" The boy grabbed Link by the shoulders and shook him roughly, cackling maniacally. "You have disgraced us!" Link shook his head, more tears streaming out his eyes. "You have made the legend of the hero a joke. You have shamed us all. You," the boys voice grew deeper as he began to draw out his sword, "have met a terrible fate," the boy plunged the sword deep into Link's chest, cackling as he did, "haven't you?"

-

"Master Link!" He woke up in a fright. Jumping out of bed in a cold sweat Link looked around anxiously. He was in Impa's house. He looked down at his bare chest and sighed in relief. All he found were the preexisting scars of a life time of battling. "Master Link!" Paya knocked on the door. "I have your clothes ready. My grandmother would like you down soon so you can relax before the ceremony." Link sighed and ran a hand through his hair. Right. The coronation. He would be King that day. Link dressed himself in his usual attire; his regular pants and boots with the travelers shirt he wore along with the hooded cape. Paya was still standing there, holding the clothes and when Link opened up the door she stumbled backwards. "I have your clothes for you- oh. You're dressed." Link took the clothes from her and slipped a piece of paper in her hand. Paya read it slowly, frowning a bit. "I-I'm not sure my grandmother would- oh no." Link had managed to slip through the seemingly too small window and was now climbing down the side of the house. Paya stood there in defeat, wondering what to do. This couldn't do any harm. Link was just going out to bathe...somewhere.

The Hero had used the ever useful power of Revali's Gale to propel himself upward and over to the forest where the Great Fairy Fountain was. He breathed in deeply and began walking down the withered away path that lead to a nearby field. The walk was nice. Link needed the fresh air and nature after last nights horrific and potentially traumatizing nightmare. The boy in the mask, the sword deep inside of him, the voices telling him how much of a disgrace he was. It was all something Link would never forget. However for a moment he pushed the thought aside. There was a couple ponds where a nearby Shrine resided. Link smiled, remembering Kass playing his accordion as he tried to ride a buck onto the platform.